Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo. Id really like to do some trail riding with this thing. that being said, the Grom sits a low...I've seen a one inch taller rear shock, but does anyone have any other ideas on boosting the clearance? thanks guys

·
Registered
79 Posts
From the ground to the bottom of the muffler header it measures 6 inches. This would be the lowest point on the Grom.

·
Registered
942 Posts
could also see if the dirtbike exhaust bends will work with the grom, but you will need to figure out a heat shield. that should add a couple inches.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeh get that exhaust up, Josh you need to make the 1st Grom "Scrambler"!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Somebody knowledgable tell me if a skid plate is available for these critters. I'll probably do some gravel roading on mine and not having the bottom sandblasted would be nice.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Somebody knowledgable tell me if a skid plate is available for these critters. I'll probably do some gravel roading on mine and not having the bottom sandblasted would be nice.
Kitaco - Skid Plate, Kitaco, MSX125 - Other Products

kinna pricy an looks kinna bulky, wasn't too much into dirt. but i assume there usually smaller. maybe due to lack of mounting points it has to be like that.... a pic with it on the bike would help alot tyga

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My first thought when I say the Grom was to DS it. Not any more. Mine will be a clean street queen.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought about the scrambler look! Ill have to see if i can find a way yo do it without burning my legs off. Lol i think I'm going to have two sets of wheels. That eay i can knee drag or trail ride.

Sent from my LG-L38C using HondaGrom.net mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts