Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone thinking about the Grom's side mirrors? Trying to figure out what direction I want to go when replacing those.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I like the one's that banks619 has. I also found some on e-bay but Im not sure I want to go down the CF road. Finally, I like the ones on the CB500F so I might get those.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is the Grom 8mm or 10mm ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will be a 10mm size but, most of the universal mirrors comes with 8 and 10mm adapters included. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
659 Posts
While I do admire people who do lots of mods including big bores, it always seems to me that if you want a larger bike, you would buy that instead of a small bike. This comes up all the time. People take 50cc scooters and bore them to gain additional power. It is generally a lot less trouble to buy a 100 or 125 cc scooter which will outperform the 50 even with a bore kit. At least in the US, where there are not different licenses for different sized bikes, the benefits are not there to me. Getting mirrors you can see out of is a different matter. LOL I doubt I will do any mods to my Grom, since I've owned 30 bikes or so and other than changing mirrors have never modified anything cause if the bike doesn't perform how I want, I buy something that does. We are talking about new bikes here. If I acquired a bike cheap or for free and it didn't perform well, then I might very well do some performance mods, but to take a perfectly good bike and start modifying it...never. If it ain't broke, don't fix it has always been my motto.

·
Registered
918 Posts
While I completely understand and respect your stance on it, I personally enjoy being different and see how far I can push certain limits. Yeah I could buy a bigger bike, but having a 180cc grom while everyone else a 125cc gets my rocks off. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HondaGrom.com mobile app

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
In the case of the ruck if they made a 125cc ruck I would have bought that but they don't so I modify. I'll probably leave the Grom pretty much stock when it comes to the engine but I will modify everything else. It's all about making it unique.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Always fun to modify, Always fun to make something small fast! And i dunno bout you but a well done 70cc kitted minarelli will KILL most gy6's in almost any state of tune. same thing with 90+cc dio's........

·
Registered
475 Posts
I took the ones on my ruckus completely off for easy lane sharing.

DSC_6911a1024L-35225816.jpg

I want something similar to these if I can't get these exact ones. (wanted them for my ruck)

1 - 20 of 132 Posts