Honda Grom banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a lot of you in here that mod the hell out of your groms, more-so than me, but I wonder if anyone tracks their total cost?

I've have my grom since 2016 and started a spreadsheet to track costs: parts, registration, gas, everything. When I started my "wallet friendly" build, I originally tried to be conscience of price, but price always seems to be piecemeal, I was only thinking of the one or two things I bought at a time. I really needed to list out everything for myself to try to keep the wallet friendly aspect (or attempt to), and because I like to keep record of these sorts of things. According to my info, this last year I passed the $10k mark.

I did a walkthrough of mods and breakout of this cost recently, now the total is over $11k.

Link to my spreadsheet if you want specifics: Grom Data - Google Drive

·
Registered
345 Posts
What are used/modded Grom prices like in the States given the used vehicle market these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are used/modded Grom prices like in the States given the used vehicle market these days?

Basically the same as a new grom from the dealer, at least in my area and not including some of the insane mark-ups people have reported for the new SP grom. In my area used groms go for about $3k-$3.5k a bit lower for trashed groms and a bit higher for low mileage or highly modded bikes.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have never tracked the cost, but I do keep a very complete, detailed list of every single mod I’ve made to the bike. I suppose I could price all of the mods out, then add it all up. It would be a lot of money, but I feel like it has been worth it. The bike performs so much better with upgraded suspension, brakes, engine, controls, etc.

Reactions: HifiExpat

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,481 Posts
I have always tried to ignore how much I spent on the Grom, after all who says you can't buy happiness? Lol. I have just recently started to add it up from memory though. Aftermarket parts only, no maintenance or oem parts included, no tools either. I am still well over 7k dollars plus the 3550 i paid for the bike. This does not include taxes or shipping for any of the aftermarket parts or bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never tracked the cost, but I do keep a very complete, detailed list of every single mod I’ve made to the bike. I suppose I could price all of the mods out, then add it all up. It would be a lot of money, but I feel like it has been worth it. The bike performs so much better with upgraded suspension, brakes, engine, controls, etc.
Yeah, as painful as it was to see the total number, I know I've gotten my money's worth out of it, and I know I will continue to do so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My local Huntington Beach, CA Honda dealer has a bunch of 2020 Groms, marked up (ADM) $1400 from MSRP. I paid $3200 for my 2018, used with 2k miles on it but perfect, in April.

·
Registered
933 Posts

I bought my Grom
new for $4,300 cash,
rode it for 11,000 miles,
and sold it for $4,000 cash.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, Groms can be expensive. I have two groms (his and hers) that add up to about $14K. They are fun, though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to just laugh when I think of how much I've blown on my Grom for stupid sh*t. But I bloody love it. I signed up for Uber Eats delivery after work to pay for my mods now lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts