Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put down my deposit for the Grom so I figured it was time to quit creeping on the forums and actually join in. I'm in the Huntsville AL area and I'm going to drive 2 1/2 hours to get my bike from Honda of Chattanooga. I figure the 130 mile trip will be long enough for me to get a good feel of the bike. I actually learned about the Grom at SoWo (a car show in Georgia). I was talking to a couple of guys about getting a ruckus, they both had ruckus's, and they told me to check out the Grom. I've ridden bikes on the street since I was 14 (I'm 22 now) and I've never had anything as small as a 125cc. I've had a Lifan LF200, a CBR600rr, and a SV650. I was starting to look for a motard to get and then I found out about this. And it's much smaller than what I was actually looking for, but I'm not worried about that, the speed isn't as important as the experience. I'm eager to hop on and ride it. Now I have to start shopping for parts. First up is a fender eliminator and hopefully a projector light. I'm holding back on the exhaust for now until they develop a power commander or similar fuel tuning system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ey! where did you stay at SoWo a few friends and i were at the Quality Inn. What was the process you went through for preordering my Honda shop wouldnt let me preorder they claim an official release date has not been set by Honda.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ey! where did you stay at SoWo a few friends and i were at the Quality Inn. What was the process you went through for preordering my Honda shop wouldnt let me preorder they claim an official release date has not been set by Honda.
Me and my girlfriend camped out at Jenny's Creek Campground. We didn't decide to go until like 2 weeks before the show and by that point everywhere was booked. But I literally put my deposit down over the phone. Super easy process, they got my name, phone number, address, credit card info and that was it. The reason that I ordered it in chatt was because it was so much cheaper than it was anywhere else. And the guys at a couple of local places still don't have a clue what it is and they usually throw a ton of fees on their bikes. A 2 and a half hour drive is saving me at least $300 minimum. Probably even more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats on the deposit money well spent and you picked the best Honda shop in the southeast...Barry and Kevin are awesome,great customer service and I always try and return the favor as I have been working for the Honda car dealership in Chattanooga for 12 years now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts