Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Grom since Nov 2016. Just over 300 miles so far. Stared out stock but then wanted to do something different. Installed ProTaper bars and a composimo stretch kit with ProTaper chain. Installed TST fender eliminator with flush led lights. Then got a Yoshi Exhaust after almost getting hit by a Jee who didn’t know I was next to them. This setup worked good for a bit but then wanted more. Found TK Garage was making an AirRide kit in conjunction with DStar Air components. Added LED light kit for a little bling and a Chimera intake. Needed to because of how the AirRide kit is setup. I made a “prototype” bracket to keep the exhaust from laying flat on the ground. Sits off the floor about 0.5in. More to come. Waiting on belly pan then going to start working on brake system upgrade. Calipers, rotors, brake lines, and master cylinder. All need to order some fairings from GoGrom to get ride of the grey and have it black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Nice setup, I like the low stretched look but I ride the back roads a lot so being standard height is great for doing canyon carving.

Looking at your last pic of the underside with your DIY bracket, I was thinking why can't you cut the kick stand to the height you need to not mash the exhaust system and from the kick stand cut and weld a bar the length long enough to almost contact the exhaust pipe. that way you will have a bar almout like your DIY bracket and have it kicked under the frame when you are riding, so you will have the function of a kick stand and grom support when being parked. You can add some kind of sleeve to the welded bar or a plastic tube. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice setup, I like the low stretched look but I ride the back roads a lot so being standard height is great for doing canyon carving.

Looking at your last pic of the underside with your DIY bracket, I was thinking why can't you cut the kick stand to the height you need to not mash the exhaust system and from the kick stand cut and weld a bar the length long enough to almost contact the exhaust pipe. that way you will have a bar almout like your DIY bracket and have it kicked under the frame when you are riding, so you will have the function of a kick stand and grom support when being parked. You can add some kind of sleeve to the welded bar or a plastic tube. Just a suggestion.
I have thought of several ideas. Chopping he kick stand. Getting an adjustable one. Also thought about making a spring loaded way of having it drop down and pop back up to avoid catching while riding. It’s workable right now. 14 months and 300 miles later. I don’t ride a lot with having 3 bikes in total. HD 48 and a 2K7 CBR1K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any way you can post pictures of where you mounted the compressor? I'm looking to install one and trying to figure out the best place for it to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
now that TK garage seems to not be in business, can we get more details on the compressor and build. i'd like to do an air ride setup, but it looks like it will have to be a custom job as of late.

i'm slowly learning the grom will be more show and less go.

if anyone knows any vendors or suppliers, please post them up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nice! i'm up in the air if i should make a kit myself, or just buy his kit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
nice! i'm up in the air if i should make a kit myself, or just buy his kit.
My original plan was to lower, stretch, bag, just go plain crazy with the Grom and after riding it in stock form I actually fell in love with it. I decided to go for function over form and upgrade the things I felt would make the overall experience better.

I think they’re currently running a special on the kit, I would jump on it as it will be a complete kit and no guess work would be involved. If you decide to build your own kit I’m in for updates :big smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts