Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , is there any pics out there with a grom and a zuma125 side by side? Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
theres been post about the measurements comparing the seat height and wheelbase... but honestly theres no comparison. its like comparing a shadow 600 with a cbr600. both 600's, but completely different bikes.

the zuma is a scooter and the grom is a motorcycle. there shouldnt be much cross shopping. scooters are boring to me. minibike is where its at

·
Registered
677 Posts
seat height was very close off of memory. ive also heard from a few guys that the power is very similar too. but.... thats stock for stock. i bet with intake exhaust the lil grom will really open up (may end up needing head/cam)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand I have a zx10r with a stabilizer. I feel bumping up a grom you might need one , the kawi is twitchy when on power.

·
Registered
677 Posts
for sure. i think stock youll have no problem. but if you really get some power, or do any track stuff youll need a stabilizer for sure. i know ill be installing one right after i get it

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I am leaning towards a longer swingarm myself. Any Ruckus guys here with experience on a stretched scooter. ie...wobble before stretch and none after? Of course this assumes the Grom will need something. 100+ hp of a zx14 tends to flex the chassis....Grom is not going to do that with 10 hp.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I am leaning towards a longer swingarm myself. Any Ruckus guys here with experience on a stretched scooter. ie...wobble before stretch and none after?
A stock ruckus has a very slow feel to the turning when stock, the 120/130 tire sizes keep it from feeling twitchy but if you put a skinny front tire like a 90 you get a lot more feel of what's underneath you and the steering becomes much quicker

as far as stretching it helps you take a smoother line through a turn, stock wheelbase you tend to wander around.. Right now I want about a 3" longer swing arm not to make the bike look more proportionate but once I get on one my plan might change

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you commute (I do 50 miles a day) think my Zuma125 is perfect. Twist & Go!!! Honest™
I let my wife sit on the Zuma and asked her is she would like a scooter better than the GROM, since it is smoother, more comfortable seat, and twist and go. To my surprise, the says she actually likes the shifting on the GROM. She also has an easier time getting her feet flat on the ground on the GROM.

Mike

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here are a few shots of a grom and a zuma 125
Hi Gromnr,

The matching green is really cool !!! Which of the two do you like better ? Which do you like more ? What is the top speed on the Zuma ? I am curious about this, since I did consider the Zuma for my wife at one point. Still not sure if the Zuma or Grom would have been better.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts