Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible if you take inside roads to ride a Grom for daily commuting? I know the major highway speeds are like 70 MPH so that's definitely off limit but inside roads are ~45 MPH (so realistically ~60 mph).

I'm thinking of picking up a Grom for fun and a daily 7 mi commute but unsure if a Grom would be a good first and commuter bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
:cool:;)(y)Well that would be a good choice. I bought one for just plane ridding at a slower pace and planing the routes that have back roads and what not are a blast,Most of the roads that I ride on to get anywhere are 35-45 mph,I always ride 5 mph over cause most speedos are off by a little, now the bonus is this fun gets 120 mpg when my other 2 bikes get 44 mpg and that's not saying it's bad just makes it more fun, My son (youngest) got one with me and we got headsets so we can talk to each other when we ride together and when I am alone it has fm radio-Awesome, I have a 2020 Grom and have 1000 miles on and I just got it in Sept, Maintenance is very easy,only holds 1 qt of oil, Get one you will love it..:).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool:;)(y)Well that would be a good choice. I bought one for just plane ridding at a slower pace and planing the routes that have back roads and what not are a blast,Most of the roads that I ride on to get anywhere are 35-45 mph,I always ride 5 mph over cause most speedos are off by a littleusps trackingshowbox , now the bonus is this fun gets 120 mpg when my other 2 bikes get 44 mpg and that's not saying it's bad just makes it more fun, My son (youngest) got one with me and we got headsets so we can talk to each other when we ride together and when I am alone it has fm radio-Awesome, I have a 2020 Grom and have 1000 miles on and I just got it in Sept, Maintenance is very easy,only holds 1 qt of oil, Get one you will love it..:).

issue solved!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I used to live in Austin, around Anderson and Burnet. I worked in south Austin close to slaughter and the difference in going home was literally 5 minutes if I took Lamarr the entire way vs getting on mopac. So when I got my motorcycle it wasnt a big deal to just take the normal roads. I did have fun exploring all of the back roads to avoid traffic and lights.
I think there is a Grom or small bore group in Austin that gets together and rides.
I need to ride up to Austin and hit all the fun roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts