Honda Grom banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Use the clearance that the guy posted on the first page... and use the youtube videos on how to adjust the valves for any Honda 50/70/90 or any Honda Clone engine (all the way up to 200cc clones).

One example...

thnx 4 the info
r these clearance values hot or cold, pls, Thnx
Further confusion
i'm not sure there is consensus about the units. Logic would obviously conclude metric but .010 and .014 inches sounds ball parkish (tech term "parkish") as well?
Thnx 4 your patience with an old gaffer!

We did a complete Video on Installing a BBK...... and the later half has "How to do Valve Clearance Adjustment" .

Am I right in thinking that the locknut on the adjusters is 10mm across the flats and the actual adjuster has a 3mm square head? I'm about to buy an adjuster tool and want to get the right one.

In regard to slow600's recommendation in this thread to use a piece of soda can to measure the inlet valve's clearance I can confirm. I just measured a piece of Red Bull 250ml can with a micrometer and it reads .105mm.

9mm and 3mm. I use a 6 inch locking needle nose pliers and a 9mm box wrench. That has worked for me for years.

In regard to slow600's recommendation in this thread to use a piece of soda can to measure the inlet valve's clearance I can confirm. I just measured a piece of Red Bull 250ml can with a micrometer and it reads .105mm.
Forget the expensive adjuster tools and get a proper feeler gauge set! Like Djezspin said a 9mm wrench and needle pliers are more than enough for the job.

I have seemed to have done it right but I realized while doing an adjustment that the TDC mark shows 2 times on crank shaft and 1 time on cam gear . So I am either right on the mark or 180 off. One difference between each is that one the valves will have the .10 or .17 Play when wiggles and the other position they will not move at all on intake or exhaust side

I have seemed to have done it right but I realized while doing an adjustment that the TDC mark shows 2 times on crank shaft and 1 time on cam gear . So I am either right on the mark or 180 off. One difference between each is that one the valves will have the .10 or .17 Play when wiggles and the other position they will not move at all on intake or exhaust side
To ensure the piston is at TDC, take spark plug off and insert, for example an screwdriver to recheck piston is at the top. If is not tdc you will be able to insert it, if it is tdc screwdriver will hit piston and will not be able to insert it.

Enviat des del meu LG-H870 usant Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.