Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this thread since we all seem to be getting more miles on our Groms. The valve adjustments should be coming up.

So if anyone wants to share a DIY on the valves adjustment, DO IT!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Im going to have to wait for the SM to come out.

Is it online someplace?

·
Registered
164 Posts
How do I add a PDF - GavinRDavies did a simple service information I could post that - but I cant add a PDF - if you want it by mail drop me a PM

Or tell me how

·
Registered
311 Posts
you can buy it from Helminc.com

How much is that...$200?

You know...this engine has ben around a long time. Adjusting its valves must be similiar to the older ones. If someone could point us toward a proceedure for them we could probably wing it. I noticce a circular piece on the head that looks gasketed. Im guessing it comes off when you adjust the valves?

For starters whats the clearance intake and exhaust? I dont see any decals on the Grom that tell what they are.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Most of us need the service manual. As I recall, a couple of people tried removing the oil from the wrong bolt. Valve adjustments are a little more involved...not much, but unless you have done it before, you need a manual or video. Word of mouth and tidbits of info will not work all that well. Soda can really? I had no idea. Think I'll stick with feeler gauges though. The service manual is only $45 including shipping and postage. Just buy it. There's tons of stuff in it...changing the air filter, cleaning the centrifugal oil spinner, troubleshooting, torque values, service intervals, etc.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
As I recall, a couple of people tried removing the oil from the wrong bolt.
Now that's just dumb.. No excuse for that, everyone on here owns a brand new Grom which means they have a brand new owners manual which means it shows exactly which bolt to remove, what to torque it back to and what oil to fill up with

·
Registered
322 Posts
never bought a new bike off the showroom floor before until this. but.. wouldn't a valve adjustment be covered under the 1 year warranty?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts