Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 SF that just hit 2000 miles. It has a chimera intake, hmf exhaust and an EJK. I want to get a TB or dcr camshaft for it, but I don't know how it will run with the EJK. What are my options? Would like to keep my grom close to stock, but I really want a cam and maybe some other work like a bigger injector or something. Any ideas help. Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ditch that EJK crap. Your best bet is a flashed ECU mentioned above or if you really want a proper setup and have a kidney to sell. Purchase a Aracer Mini 5 with AF1 module.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditch that EJK crap. Your best bet is a flashed ECU mentioned above or if you really want a proper setup and have a kidney to sell. Purchase a Aracer Mini 5 with AF1 module.
So either just an ecu flash and no tuner or get a good one is what you're saying? Wouldnt mind getting a power commander or something of that nature later since I work at a dealership I can get one probably pretty cheap. Good combo or no?

·
Registered
151 Posts
So either just an ecu flash and no tuner or get a good one is what you're saying? Wouldnt mind getting a power commander or something of that nature later since I work at a dealership I can get one probably pretty cheap. Good combo or no?
Correct. A PCV is junk IMO if you are going with anything more then a intake/Exhaust. For 125 mods, Id recommend doing a ECU flash OR Tuner like Aracer. Aracer works great for basic stuff and when/if you upgrade down the road to a BBK you already set up to run it safely with autotune.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yup, ditch the EJK, don't run any piggy back setup. Stick with a properly flashed ECU for your setup or an ARacer standalone like VFR said. ARacer has a ton of cool features and is crazy tuneable, but it's also about 7x the cost not even taking into account dyno time and paying a tuner. If you have a firm grasp of EFI tuning you could try tuning it yourself with the AF1 module. I think the ECU flash is the way to go for a simple and effective setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, ditch the EJK, don't run any piggy back setup. Stick with a properly flashed ECU for your setup or an ARacer standalone like VFR said. ARacer has a ton of cool features and is crazy tuneable, but it's also about 7x the cost not even taking into account dyno time and paying a tuner. If you have a firm grasp of EFI tuning you could try tuning it yourself with the AF1 module. I think the ECU flash is the way to go for a simple and effective setup.
Ok cool thanks guys. Now could I also get a bigger injector and more mods like that or am I limited?

·
Registered
151 Posts
With Aracer and AF1, you can throw anything you want at it and it will autotune for you. With a flashed ECU you have to send it out to be reflashed for each mod you add.

Ok cool thanks guys. Now could I also get a bigger injector and more mods like that or am I limited?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you're gonna stick with a intake, exhaust, and cam, you don't need an injector. The stock injector can flow more than enough fuel for those mods. If you change anything else you will need to adjust the tune by sending the ECU out to be reflashed. The ARacer is pretty much infinitely adjustable for whatever you want to do.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok, cool... I have a chimera intake and the $90 Amazon disposable pipe. I’ve been running the yuminashi ecu. Everything is great. But, of course I want more speed. Top speed and more power to punch through the wind.

I have a ported n polished head with big valves/springs, a TB cam, Koso 34 mm throttle body n manifold, and a PCX 150 injector... all ready to install. I will weld an O2 bung on my pipe, maybe get a new pipe. Looks like I need the mini 5 and AF1 to keep it safe and max out gains. Right?

I see people using the DG1, but I think the app will give me better/same info on my handlebar mounted iPhone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts