Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy a Honda Grom when they come out in the states in 2 months. Im big into stunting, and was told to wait until the first service to start stunting. How many miles should i put on it before I do the first service. Thanks

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Ride it like you stole it right out of the gate! I don't know why people say stuff like that.

On my CB, I left the dealership wide open and went straight to the local twisties and spent all day flogging it.

My Grom I trailered home, but I've been redline to redline WOT since mile 1.

Both run like champs today!

·
Registered
720 Posts
lol, you could at least let it warm up a bit...

I bought mine with 150 miles on it. It spent it's first 100 miles being a demo bike so I'm pretty sure it got red lined from the start, works well.
If I had bought it new I would have taken it easy for the first 100 miles and than red lined it (after letting it warm up a bit lol).

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ehhhh ride it like you stole it out of the box......I would over fill it a bit and swap it out at 200 miles and clean the screen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ehhhh ride it like you stole it out of the box......I would over fill it a bit and swap it out at 200 miles and clean the screen.
Overfilling oil can cause blown seals. I'm sure when you say "a bit" you mean very little, but some dipstick is going to come along and think that means half a quart or something dumb like that.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Does anyone know what they do at the 600 mile service? I am getting close and does it cost money or does the factory warranty cover it?
It will cost money but its all things you can do with the most simplest of tools.

Oil change, Valve adjustment, oil spinner / screen cleaning

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here in France the first 600 miles service is free and has to be done for the warranty to be valid! They do an oil change and check valve adjustment and a quick general check. They don't do the oil spinner / screen and don't bother doing it before the recommended mileage (7.5K miles I think).

·
Registered
187 Posts
It will cost money but its all things you can do with the most simplest of tools.

Oil change, Valve adjustment, oil spinner / screen cleaning
The previous owner told me that he changed the oil and screen at 100 miles. Says he does it all on his ATVs too. Not sure if I can trust him but he seemed pretty trust worthy. I guess I can figure out how to do it. I can change oil and all but not sure about valves.

Here in France the first 600 miles service is free and has to be done for the warranty to be valid! They do an oil change and check valve adjustment and a quick general check. They don't do the oil spinner / screen and don't bother doing it before the recommended mileage (7.5K miles I think).
We will see what happens!

maintenance schedule for reference.
Thanks for that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts