Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen anyone post up about it on here so figured I'd throw it up. Still in the works as you can tell by the pic and since its still not on their website to order yet.

Multiple other companies have cowls available but I can't get any of those Thai companies to email me back. So the fact that Tyga is working on one has me excited haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
That fender on the front I'd buy that. Hopefully tyga makes those out of fiberglass. I'm not a fan of expensive carbon on a street bike.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Seat cowl looks great. I am going to wait to order something like that until after I ride the Grom. I want to make sure I don't need that extra room for my big fat butt.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm with you rkwfxd.... As much as I love the look of these cowls, my natural riding position slides my ass further back on the seat... Ah well... :(

·
Registered
942 Posts
make a request to tyga to make belly pans. i'll be your bestest friend in the world.... lol

no responce on how to order from kd-shop... :(

*EDIT* never mind, saw a post where tyga has a cf under cowl/belly pan in the works.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Also, where's that exhaust option on the site.......?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
This is our development bike so it has some parts not quite ready for production yet. On the seat cowling, I've got a big ass (so my g/f keeps reminding me LOL) and there is still plenty of room to move around on the seat with the passenger cowling in place. I shouldn't worry too much on that score. On the front fender, by the time it is painted, a fiberglass one is not going to be much cheaper thank our carbon one which is priced very competitively to be honest. We still might offer painted ones but they will probably be carbon ones but just not cosmetic carbon.

The full exhaust system is still under development. Feedback welcome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
tygapaul; said:
there is still plenty of room to move around on the seat with the passenger cowling in place. I shouldn't worry too much on that score.
Glad to hear this, as you do sit further back. From some of the other manufacturers pictures of their cowls I reckon I would be half sitting on it if it was fitted.

I would be very interested in a twin exhaust system also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Paul. I'd be interested in the painted carbon. White, of course. :wink:

If you do offer painted ones, I would definitely get one. :smile:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Ready for launch in carbon and GRP. Colours will be red, black, carbon, white and eventually yellow. All available with and without flat black number boards. Nearly ready for launch.

Also see photo of our under cowl which will be available in the same colours and materials.
Land vehicle Vehicle Red Car Motor vehicle Glasses Eyewear Personal protective equipment Goggles Bumper Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Red Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Red Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Motorcycle accessories Car Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exhaust

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
You wont be able to lift the seat but seeing as Honda weren't kind enough to provide any luggage space we don't think this will be a major issue. If you do need access to the battery etc, it will involve around 5 minutes tops with a 5 mm allen key and two bolts to access it so not impossible as long as you remember to keep your allen key not with the rest of the tools under the seat!

Prices coming soon and will be reasonable...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts