Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is a copy and post from one of my posting and suggestion for a fun ride in the city of San Francisco

Would be nice to meet up with all the Northern Calif Grom owners at Fishermen wharf area for a big get together and introduce them self. I think most will get their Groms by ending of Sept 2013 if you are high on the waiting list such as number one or two or even three and four.

I do not expect my Grom will be in my hand until Dec 2013, but I would ride my busa down to SF fisherman's wharf just to hang. Would be cool if some one would take charge and figure out all the routes to take and maybe even get the ruckus crowd to join in. I think late Sept and Oct the temp in San Francisco will be between 60-90 depending on the fog.

Great fun for all and a good way to introduce the Grom in Northern Calif.

Maybe the local Ruckus San Francisco/Northern Calif Clubs have some suggestions on where to stage such as on Hwy 1 near the cliff house and Wise Surf shop. That way there is an area where you can park your truck/tow vehicle for your Grom/ruckus and have a couple of pre-plan routes that we can take safely to the wharf. The pre-plan route should be set and emailed/posted here about two weeks in advance before the gathering as to have the riders get familiar with the route so if we do have a large crowd it will not cause any confusion and such. Maybe have a pre-plan place where to park on the wharf or near the wharf. I know in the summer time we use to park down near Pier 41 area on the side walk and the cops did not hassle us, but who knows how the SF cops will deal with a crowd of bumble bee sounding little bikes. Would be nice to ride on a loop through San Francisco, China Town, Coit tower, Lombard St. and maybe the Haight Ashbury St-golden gate park route back to Hwy 1 and your truck/tow vehicle. Suggestion from the local San Francisco peeps who know of a good place to eat for cheap and have parking for the little bikes. Need to have our gopro or action camera mounted so we can record the event and also for safety and video witness in case we get hassled by the locals/cars or people that hate motorcycles.
Safety would be the highest concern first and a couple of road captains so we don't get any stragglers or break down and leave some one stranded on the side of the road. We can discuss it later but I figure get the ball rolling and lets have some fun. Holly Cow maybe get the Vespa crew and the antique Honda motorcycle crew involved would be cool. Anyway suggestions and contacts can be posted here and exchange of email address and maybe a pre-plan meeting so as to go over the logistic of the ride before it happens.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The tail end of the Sunday mourning ride would be fun.
Thanks for the reply but I noticed your location does show alexandria Va, unless you xfer to the Bay Area Northern Calif.

Noticed your earlier posting that you might visit family out here, that would be cool. Yep hoping there is no rain

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would be interested in this. Hopefully something happens! It would be great to have someone local plan a route through the city.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm not from Nor Cal, but give me an excuse to ride all the way up there!!! ehhehehehe

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No info on my Grom yet from Hollister Honda dealer or Sunnyvale Cafe MotorSports dealer, some one from the Bay area should get some suggestion together on the Ride in San Francisco bay area to Fisherman's wharf. It would be a epic ride for sure.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My dealer says to expect a call in a couple of weeks. Salinas, CA.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
There is a good cluster of pins on the map in the Bay Area/Norcal but we are all sort of spread out. We could meet somewhere along the Marina green, then ride to Marin Headlands? Sept/Oct is great weather for riding around the bay. Or we could meet at Sonoma Speedway and head in to the Napa healdsburg area. Alice's Restaurant needs a Grom showing...?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine came from Berkeley Honda Yamaha. I was #2 on the waiting list and the first to pick up. When I took delivery on Aug 20th, I believe there were 16 on the list... who knows where that ended up now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey guys, I have a line of a Grom that I can pick up TODAY! Anyone want to ride with me to pick it up and you can ride the GROM back to SF? It's about an hour away in Santa Rosa. Pretty Please? Lunch included :D PM ME, TEXT, or CALL seven oh 6 461- zero 5 zero zero

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey I think you should rent a truck and haul it back. A ride from Santa Rosa would be really long and tiring. Those guys at the dealership can hep you load it and someone here can help you bring it out of the truck. On the plus side - the Grom is really light!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts