Honda Grom banner

41 - 60 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
looking to get into racing my GROM down in FL any advice groups race team ect. I used to race dirtbikes in FTR. lost my competitive edge and been involved in college. eng. maj. I want to get into racing my GROM and other motos on street. if theres any events coming up I should know about. I don't have much luck searching the web and im ready to race lol.

·
Vendor
3,973 Posts
Cool pics & videos guys !!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
domingo's (260) bike is slower than the Ryan's (481)... both stock internals, but, Ryan has a pipe and intake mod... on top of that, Ryan has that cheater talent... he was playing with us until the last lap... if you notice, he is sitting up everywhere having fun...

481, that shit is not happening at ECR... me and you... handbags at dawn!!!
if dominquez wants some, he can get it as well!!!
the XR is sold... the parts are on order... i have not eaten in 2 days... and i have 3 chickens on order for the friday night rituals...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
domingo's (260) bike is slower than the Ryan's (481)... both stock internals, but, Ryan has a pipe and intake mod... on top of that, Ryan has that cheater talent... he was playing with us until the last lap... if you notice, he is sitting up everywhere having fun...

481, that shit is not happening at ECR... me and you... handbags at dawn!!!
if dominquez wants some, he can get it as well!!!
the XR is sold... the parts are on order... i have not eaten in 2 days... and i have 3 chickens on order for the friday night rituals...
Shit's gettin' real now!!

:laughing6:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is a vid of the Grom vs. NSR's at Horse Thief Mile a couple weeks ago. Some serious elevation change. Surprisingly the NSR and Grom are very competitive. Lots of back and forth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The trophies for round five of the Grom Challenge are ready. :)
Hey 481 awesome pics and videos! I am going to have to find you in the pits at ECR and say hello. I just picked up a Grom and want to get it out there for the Grom Challenge. I am not sure if I will have it ready for the race that weekend, but I'll definitely have it with me. I would love to see what all you have done to yours. Especially the safety wiring and number plate. Are you running the 120/80/12 on both the front and back?

I have been watching y'all out there this season and it looks like a ton of fun. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hey 481 awesome pics and videos! I am going to have to find you in the pits at ECR and say hello. I just picked up a Grom and want to get it out there for the Grom Challenge. I am not sure if I will have it ready for the race that weekend, but I'll definitely have it with me. I would love to see what all you have done to yours. Especially the safety wiring and number plate. Are you running the 120/80/12 on both the front and back?

I have been watching y'all out there this season and it looks like a ton of fun. :icon_thumright:
Awesome!

Yes, I'm running the 120/80-12 Dunlop TT93's front and back. I recommend using the smaller front tire that Dunlop makes though. I've had all kinds of issues with my front tire rubbing the front fender at speeds because there is so little clearance. I've ruined two front fenders so far.

I use a CRF450R front number plate, but you can use just about any number plate you want. Just zip tie it on! :D

The safety wire can be done at the track. It's really simple. All you have to wire is the front caliper bolts, both axle nuts, oil filler cap and oil drain plug. If I need to bring a drill and some drill bits we can try to get it knocked out on Friday so you can race it Saturday!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Awesome!

Yes, I'm running the 120/80-12 Dunlop TT93's front and back. I recommend using the smaller front tire that Dunlop makes though. I've had all kinds of issues with my front tire rubbing the front fender at speeds because there is so little clearance. I've ruined two front fenders so far.
beside the fender issue, any other drawbacks or insight on running the 120/80 up front? And did you mount it backwards? I recall another build thread where it was done that way.

Thanks for the info

-adam

41 - 60 of 183 Posts