Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hello, I'm looking for a Grom Racing Series. I live in North Florida. I found this --> https://www.sflminigp.com/schedule/ but it looks like it's not happening anymore. Can anyone tell me where I can find some decent racing? Much appreciated! Rob
Yeah I believe their season is over, Can hit up member Activ3/DHM he races in that circuit might be able to point you in the right direction... What part of North Florida OBV Panhandle but where? Im between P-cola and PC Bch,,, SQUAD UP! 850Grom Squad join FB group if you havent already no Racing just group rides with lots of stunters,,, But fun and entertaining some eat shit alot. :cool2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's not North Florida but Central Florida you can go to Bushnell Kart track almost any day from 8-12 for owner track time.

Reactions: mikochu

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello, I'm looking for a Grom Racing Series. I live in North Florida. I found this --> https://www.sflminigp.com/schedule/ but it looks like it's not happening anymore. Can anyone tell me where I can find some decent racing? Much appreciated! Rob

SFLMiniGP is probably the best mini organization in the states right now. The 2018 season just ended but 19 will start up soon. We have grids of 20+ Groms regularly, and this year will be at 8 different tracks throughout the season.

·
Registered
51 Posts
SFLMiniGP is probably the best mini organization in the states right now. The 2018 season just ended but 19 will start up soon. We have grids of 20+ Groms regularly, and this year will be at 8 different tracks throughout the season.
i got my grom in November and cant wait to go to an event in south Florida. I'd love to come do the 3 course in January, just gotta see what kind of spare cash i have after the holiday to be able to get a suit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got my grom in November and cant wait to go to an event in south Florida. I'd love to come do the 3 course in January, just gotta see what kind of spare cash i have after the holiday to be able to get a suit.
What size suit? I just got a new one. Would sell the old one for cheap to help get someone on the track. I'll be going to Bushnell next weekend if you're looking to ride.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What size suit? I just got a new one. Would sell the old one for cheap to help get someone on the track. I'll be going to Bushnell next weekend if you're looking to ride.
i honestly dont know, i was going to go to my local shop and try some on. Im 5'10 about 140-150lbs and wear a size 30 waist

·
Registered
12 Posts
i honestly dont know, i was going to go to my local shop and try some on. Im 5'10 about 140-150lbs and wear a size 30 waist
Will probably be a 40 or 42 depending on suit. I'm 6' 165lbs and just went down from a 44 to a 42. If you want to ride Bushnell for the day you're welcome to borrow my 44.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will probably be a 40 or 42 depending on suit. I'm 6' 165lbs and just went down from a 44 to a 42. If you want to ride Bushnell for the day you're welcome to borrow my 44.
Thanks for the offer, thats amazing of you. Sadly I'm far from ready to be on a track, besides lacking the suit ive only had the bike for about a month and a half. So far ive only have about 900 mi of street driving under my belt. i should prob take some kind of instruction course before i jump off the deep end too soon lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best way to learn is on the track. It's the safest environment. I've had my bike a few months and it has only ever known the track =)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Agreed, the track is a ideal environment to improve and hone a rider skillset. I must add, that having a mentor to teach and coach proper fundamentals (braking, body position, cornering techniques, and being relaxed and smooth) is beneficial, whether track and or street.

·
Registered
147 Posts
SFL MiniGP is still alive and well with a few new tracks on the schedule this year, you can find them on FB as well. And this year begins SC MiniGP run by the same org,

Click this link for the SC schedule:

https://www.scminigp.com/schedule/

·
Registered
870 Posts
Another reason to move to FLA......... FML

1 - 20 of 20 Posts