Honda Grom banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #121

My exhaust does not fit with the oil pipe so I'll be looking more feverishly for a new pipe.

Almost went with the Yoshimura low GP last night but then halted to think it over more.

The cam is the 15/15D next to the N-20.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Odd. The TB looks like it has a bite out of it. Maybe it's the photo exaggerating the defects from hand porting.

It would be nice if the PV3 had autotune. Dynojet's lame excuse that Honda wouldn't allow that holds no weight when you see companies like aRacer doing it. With that being said, some of the aRacer autotune models also have limitations in that there's poor (low) resolution and/or you don't get to choose your AFR target. And Dynojet's WBCX kinda sorta allows you to autotune it from your PC using the logs from that wideband module.

I spoke to a couple of Grom tuners about switching from PV3 to aRacer and was told that the PV3 is very good at what it does and no need to switch. With that being said, if I get another Grom or a Monkey I will most likely try an aRacer setup.
There is a wide band device that DynoJet sells now where you can run the bike and then apply the adjustments. Says it is for Power Vision.

I hadn't asked since they've been tuning on the dyno for me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Shitty end for the new head ....
Forza 300 injector , i have few , can take a pic for you.
Thinking to do my 2nd engine with the neo (have one brand new o_O never used ) to compare , but before have to finish few parts on my ATAS 1100 and on the H2
You said in your earlier post that you went BBK, then Neo, and then 4 valve.

Why go back to the Neo?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not going back , may gonna buy another monkey .
plus i have all parts to build another motor
Suggest you the the tracker basic instead of the taper-cone , the taper-cone got a shorty header for the 4V

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Not going back , may gonna buy another monkey .
plus i have all parts to build another motor
Suggest you the the tracker basic instead of the taper-cone , the taper-cone got a shorty header for the 4V
I keep looking over many different pipes.

Kitaco makes one called the Sword. Looks to have catalyzer built in so that would cause a big power loss.

The K-Factory seems great but unknown design inside muffler. Expensive shipping too.

Yoshimura GP low mount are available stateside. Could have by the weekend.

Mounting the bracket that goes to the shock mount doesn't seem to be good for off-road riding though.

High mount pipes may not clear the oil pipe to the cylinder.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
After tested few i landed with the over
Think i bought 6 or 7 exhausts , (including the takegawa tracker/tracker basic)
I ordered the Yoshimura GP Magnum Race exhaust.

Low mount, long header, high flow muffler.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Was looking at this aswel , but the first part of the header it´s a bit tiny ( over and takegawa use both 32i.d. and 35 o.d.)
Talking to DynoJet they said some pipes are too large of a diameter at the flange.

We'll see.

I've become tired of trying to find an option. The one I ordered should arrive in a couple of days.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Maybe it is a sign that the place I ordered the exhaust said it won't ship for one to two months.

Yoshimura is out.

Still shopping!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Get a takegawa tracker than :cool:
I like the Basic and taper cone designs best.

Also keep coming back to Kitaco Sword and removing catalyzer from it.

There is no taper from small to large tubing at header plus it has good clearance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beams is my favourite for looks and price in the low style exhaust

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Beams is my favourite for looks and price in the low style exhaust

I've been considering that one too.

I also like their up pipe with the dual outlets.

A requirement should be for an O2 bung since the 4 valve doesn't have one in the head like stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've looked there but I'm afraid it won't flow enough for big power numbers.

On my Super Cub I ran a Moriwaki megaphone. Ran great and wasn't very loud. Never did any tuning.
I think all Japan made exhausts will leave power on the table from restricted air flow because most of them have JMCA certification. This way they can drive on the street in Japan. But this comes with a max decibel and so a restriction.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts