Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
Just installed my motodynamics integrated tail light and decided to hack up the stock fender to fill back the bottom of the light. Then came to this the grom mini fender. Just posting this to see what you guys think before i hack it up more flush.

20150806_143449.jpg 20150806_143457.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Like it, will have to look at a stock one to see/remember what it looked like. Have you figured out how you will mount the license plate? Post up some pics when you are finished trimming and have the plate back on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Like it, will have to look at a stock one to see/remember what it looked like. Have you figured out how you will mount the license plate? Post up some pics when you are finished trimming and have the plate back on.
i dunno i might leave the mini fender for a while haha

20150806_143457 (2).jpg
i am going to use heavy duty double sided tape and stick it on that bump mayybe a small screw for extra security

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
View attachment 22141 That's the battery. I mounted mine there. Be careful not to puncture the battery if you do add a screw.
can you post a pic of how it mounted at the back? what did u do exactly mounted a plate bracket?

i heavyduty double side tape it with a clear fishing line tied to the plate just for added security to see how it holds up (you can see it to the upper exhaust mount)
20150806_210123.jpg 20150806_210139.jpg 20150806_210254.jpg 20150806_210319.jpg

·
Registered
752 Posts
I can get some photos up next week. I used a tag bracket and put a plate under the battery with two domed (carriage) bolts through it to attach it. Cover it with a small sheet of foam so the bolts don't deny the battery when you strap it back in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some more pics with tag
20150807_104258.jpg 20150807_104307.jpg 20150807_104321.jpg

went for a good ride this morning and the heavyduty double sided tape is holding up really good

·
Registered
752 Posts
3M automotive double stick tape will definitely hold. If you want to avoid interacting with the cops, you might consider removing the mini-fender and adding an LED light to your tag.

·
Registered
326 Posts
went for a good ride this morning and the heavyduty double sided tape is holding up really good
This looks really good!

We get so much rain up here in the Pacific Northwest that I've been wondering how to get some more water-spray protection. Anytime I ride with standing water on the road, the back of my jacket gets soaked by the stuff flipped up by the rear tire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3M automotive double stick tape will definitely hold. If you want to avoid interacting with the cops, you might consider removing the mini-fender and adding an LED light to your tag.
Yea thats the double sided tape im using, keeping the mini fender for now til someone say to remove it. And yea I ordered a lil led light should be sometime next week. So for now riding my fz-07 in the night

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This looks really good!

We get so much rain up here in the Pacific Northwest that I've been wondering how to get some more water-spray protection. Anytime I ride with standing water on the road, the back of my jacket gets soaked by the stuff flipped up by the rear tire.
I haven't since day one ridden both my bikes in wet so don't know about how much of a spray kicks up ( both bikes never seen water not even a hose) haha

·
Registered
683 Posts
This looks really good!

Motobot racing -- thinking about this myself as it's supposed to be a very wet winter
ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1439307051.700773.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts