Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Low RPM power loss after crash?

Hey all, this is my first post, I've been browsing the forums for a few months.

I recently got a grom brand new at the end of January. It's coming up to 5000 miles now, exciting stuff and I love it!

Unfortunately as the title suggests I've noticed an issue in the past 2 weeks where every now and then when I pull off from a red light it feels like I'm in the wrong gear and the bike wants to stall. (defo not in the wrong gear I promise). Even at full throttle it will feel like this.

I have a PCV and air filter, I've cleaned the air filter and removed the map from the PCV a week ago and I'm still having this problem.

My worst fear is that this correlates to a minor crash I had a few weeks a go... I obviously don't want the bike to be dead!!! The crash involved a car pulling out across a lane infront of me. I slowed incredibly fast and I'm pretty sure I hit the car softishly, leaving only a minor scratch on the bike and a nice gouge out of her car from the front axle. I did drop the bike however, so I don't know maybe the engine could have been effected by this?

I really appreciate any hints/tips on how to "debug" the bike.

Cheers, cory.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Nah, it shouldn't breaking for that.

But check all electric connections to be sure to don't have bad contacts

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'd remove the PCV altogether and see if it's working normally again. If it is it might be a bad connection in the PCV plug.

·
Registered
788 Posts
U have pcv..get wb2 module and forget about ignition issues... Forever.

I'm serious, after both install is like losing virginity

I constantly piss off my friends about the superiority of my grom's ignition vs their 1000cc stock bikes doesn't matter if they run 160 kmph in 1st gear, their ignition isn't optimal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts