Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Grom currently has 3,9XX miles and within the past few hundred miles it seemed to be "surging" at 60% throttle and up. I took it to the dealer because I was unsure of what it was and they said it was lean because of the MNNTHBX exhaust, It`s been on it since 400 miles on the bike. So I bought a PCV and they installed and "lightly" tuned? The photo is a screen shot of the Power Commander after I pulled up the fuel map. This is the map the dealer loaded. I rode the bike for around 20 miles when I picked it up and it does seem slightly better but it is still doing the same thing.

Was wondering if I might be able to get some insight.
chickenhead.jpg

I know that the bike is not acting right. My wife has a grom with around 1,9XX on it and comp workes exhaust and it does not have the same feeling as mine. No PCV on hers.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Could also be a drop in voltage, maybe ? However, now we know there is a problem with fuel pressure.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That map looks a lot like my stock motor, stock airbox w' mesh off filter+ long snorkel removed + two brothers exhaust map that was tuned to 13.3 AFR @80% throttle and 13.1 AFR @100% throttle by the WBC2 on a 70F day, two 30 min rides and applying trims after each ride. I don't think it's your map.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
To see if it is a lean surge, save that map and load one of the Dynojet 2 Bros exhaust maps. They are really fat, I was showing 11.8-12.3 AFR at full throttle. If surging goes away, it was lean!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I just thought of this- did you remove charcoal canister? If the intake vacuum port plug got loose or if the canister's solenoid is stuck open it could be sucking air and getting lean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts