Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just had to join even though forums are not really my thing. The GROM will be the number-1 go-to scoundrel bike EVER! I am so excited about the arrival of this machine that I can barely contain myself. I've had Harleys, sport bikes, dirt bikes etc, and I lived in Asia for almost 10 years and had a number of motorcycles there including a V-Max, Suzuki Bigboy, a couple of choppers and a Honda Nice. But the absolute best bike I EVER owned was a midget motard called a KSR110. I could only fault it for not having a manual clutch and always thought they should make a KSR using the Honda Nice 125cc manual-clutch engine. The Honda Nice could cruise along at 65mph and got 60km on a liter of gas. That's about 140mpg in US translation. Phenomenal bike.

The KSR was a total city buster and more fun to ride than a ... well ... not sure if I can say, here. Anyway, I'm 6' and 190lbs and my size was not an issue. There are numerous mini-motard race clubs founded around the KSR throughout Asia. And gas mileage? I had to put gas-preserve in with each fill-up as I only visited a gas station about once every 3 months despite daily commuting in inner-city Bangkok.

When I first discovered the MSX was for sale but only in the UK I almost cried. Now it's here (as the GROM), forget about it. Honda will not be able to manufacture these things fast enough once inner-city American motorcyclists realize whats available to them. It may be marketed at newbies and students, and for sure it's an ideal introduction to the sport but novices stand aside lest you get trampled beneath a stampede of experienced insubordinates looking to get their paws on America's first "smart" bike! This is an urban assault weapon built for heavy-duty lane splitting, traffic busting and pothole popping! Out of my way, I'm nabbing the black one!

Kudos to whom ever started this forum, and anyone buying this bike, you're going to have a life transformation. Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the converted, but I can't wait to see the clubs and rallies that form around this bike, count me in. Honda has just kicked off a gold rush and yet another motorcycle revolution!

D4S.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes! Fantastic intro. Have you put a deposit down yet?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dude, relax, it is just a glorified scooter....... said the guy with 190 freaking posts about it. LOL. Welcome. I totally feel you. I am so excited for this bike. It is all I think about and I have purchased enough new bikes over the years that I should be jaded. Not in this case. Man I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yeah, I'm trading in my Suzuki for it, just hoping it's not delayed in reaching my area!
Im selling a 2005 elite 80 and a nice 1976 rd200. I'm looking forward to riding this more than both of those bikes combined and only having four bikes rather than six. Yes room in the garage. Finally.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome and I love your enthusiasm. It will be gromsome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts