Honda Grom banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Cool. Hey you are an inside guy, maybe you can tell me why Yosh chose such a random angle for the muffle on the Grom instead of making it parallel with the lines of the bike? Styling wise it just seems natural and correct to make it flow with the bike rather that angle upward.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes I have. The angle of that muffler just kills it for me.

Reactions: slowman

·
Registered
298 Posts
Cool. Hey you are an inside guy, maybe you can tell me why Yosh chose such a random angle for the muffle on the Grom instead of making it parallel with the lines of the bike? Styling wise it just seems natural and correct to make it flow with the bike rather that angle upward.
so it doesn't melt off the stock turn signal

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
The rear shot that yoshi shows , it's actually flows well

That is great for all the folks I ride with because the only thing they are going to see is the back of my bike. LOL Not really, as I have said before I am slow. I am talking about the side view of this pipe. IMO it angles upward un-naturally and against the lines of the bike. The exit of the pipe could easily be in the exact same spot. If they simply raised the front portion of the muffler a 1/2" or so it would flow with the lines of the bike and the exhaust would still exit in the same spot. But that is just my opinion. It is probably a high quality item and it probably works well and I do like the fact that they are offering an EPA legal slip on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Reactions: ShapeShifter

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice to see a black one get torn down for R&D
Well of course. Yosh is a HIGH performance company so they need to find all of the trick secrets Honda does to the black Groms. Good news is that once they find those secrets they will usually share them with Red, White and Yellow Grom owners. LOL

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am talking about the side view of this pipe. IMO it angles upward un-naturally and against the lines of the bike. The exit of the pipe could easily be in the exact same spot. If they simply raised the front portion of the muffler a 1/2" or so it would flow with the lines of the bike and the exhaust would still exit in the same spot. But that is just my opinion. It is probably a high quality item and it probably works well and I do like the fact that they are offering an EPA legal slip on.
You would have to put a bend in the piping and any bend you put in any piping system create restriction. It could be possible that doing what you suggest could degrade the performance aspects of the system? We're not talking much, especially with sub-10hp engines, but maybe that is why...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts