Honda Grom banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Honda Elements are awesome. So versatile and very reliable.

If only it had better fuel economy. Can't have it all, I guess.
yeah...really serious about getting one now. with how you can arrange the front/rear seat to create a bed, makes a great place to take a nap during a track day.

fuel economy definitely not the best, but for what it can do, it's good.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I barely got 20 MPG on mine and that was mostly freeway driving.
I also think it only has 1500 lb towing capacity so I couldn't use it to pull my trailer for the R6.

But I suppose it's a perfect Grom hauler!
mpg is about right. i'm sure the weight and a profile of a brick don't help...lol.

definitely near perfect for some people. in our case, my girl and i want to explore other places/roads out of town on the grom's (don't own other bikes). we don't have a trailer nor do we have the space to store one. don't want to deal with renting/hauling a trailer as it's becomes inconvenient when doing short day trips.

best of all, when not being used to transport the grom's, the element is a decent daily ride. so much interior space...it's deceiving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I joined the forum just to chime in and say thanks for this old thread...my wife and I own a 2006 element that we plan to tow behind our RV, and we had been trying to figure out a plan that would still let us take one or two motorcycles on the road. Voila. Grom + Element to the rescue!

Let's just hope our Element has lots of years remaining to it!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
welcome! we picked up an element too because it can hold 2 groms in a secured manner and is still rather compact. the irony, we are using the element more than expected. it's very utilitarian!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I guess ill play too. Here is mine in my buddies element.

IMG_3592.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
welcome! we picked up an element too because it can hold 2 groms in a secured manner and is still rather compact. the irony, we are using the element more than expected. it's very utilitarian!
It looks in your 2-Grom pic above that the rear seats are removed...is that necessary or just more convenient for loading/unloading?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
if you want to carry 2 groms, it's best if the rear seats come out. you may be able to make it fit with the seats in their upright position, but it will be very tight especially if you have wider bars.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I want an Element now :)
Lots for sell for little money, few mods to get better mpg...one more thing to mod, it never ends lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
if you want to carry 2 groms, it's best if the rear seats come out. you may be able to make it fit with the seats in their upright position, but it will be very tight especially if you have wider bars.
One last question @pwr2wh8 - What are you using as the tie-down points in the front (for the bike facing forward)?

Since the last time I posted we picked up our 2 Groms...still working on setting the Element up as our RV toad and bike-hauler. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
aint from Home Depot. Help from dsrcycles.com
Fits like a glove.
GROMSTR
The grom hasn't been on the market for very long so the pool of used groms is still really small.
It's basically made to fuck around and most people looking into this kind of bike are buying it as a toy. Give it some time, people will start getting tired of it and the used grom Tutuapp 9apps Showbox market will grow.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts