Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm looking to install the denali soundbomb mini on my grom and wanted to check if it would be fine on the grom, it's 12v 5a so I think it should be ok??

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm looking to install the denali soundbomb mini on my grom and wanted to check if it would be fine on the grom, it's 12v 5a so I think it should be ok??
pic or link to product would be helpful, one of my friend has a air horn on his grom that sounds like a freight train horn

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
run it through a relay so you don't over load any wiring. we just did one on a friends KLR650 2 days ago. earsplitting.

wiring as such:

*(fused) battery to supply side of switched circuit (30)
*feed side of switched circuit+ to horn (87)
(ground other side of horn)
*relay ground to stock horn button/wire (86)
*key switched 12v power to power side of relay. (85)

Make_and_break_relay.png

·
Registered
181 Posts
pic or link to product would be helpful, one of my friend has a air horn on his grom that sounds like a freight train horn
What brand did your buddy use that sounds like a freight train?

·
Registered
8,343 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
I installed the Denali Sound Bomb Mini yesterday. It fits nicely between the front forks. Just bolt it on and plug in the stock wires. It works just fine without adding any extra relay...

...and it's L O U D! (LOL)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hey, just been installing it and I found that the stock bracket which is attached to the frame of the bike is getting in the way. Just wondering how you mounted yours
I simply ground a 1/4" notch in the mounting plates to match the protruding part of the stock bracket. :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Turns out using the Denali bracket put the horn too low so it taps the front fender when the forks compress. So I removed the original stock horn bracket, put one rubber bushing on the Denali threaded mount, screwed it directly onto the stock horn bracket, and bolted the stock bracket back on.

It's up high and out of the way now. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the full blown Denali Sound Bomb air horn (120 db, 30 amp) installed on all three of my motorcycles, including the Grom. That horn gets your attention! It has already saved me a few times keeping cagers in their lane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts