Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across an article on the web that explained the word "Grom" means "thunder" in various Slavic languages.

Here is a snippet of the article...

To most of the world this is the Honda MSX125, but for reasons unknown, those in the US get to call it the Grom. This means "thunder" in various Slavic languages, but is also short for grommet, perhaps suggesting that the Grom is intended as a motorcycle for young riders who also like to surf and skate.

It is also discussed in the article that the Grom will give motorcycle and scooter riders a chance to meet in the middle with this machine...

There's a general impression that there are motorcycle riders and there are scooter riders, and never the twain shall meet. The reality is of course much different, with most members from each camp accepting that each conveyance has its pluses and minuses depending on the task at hand, and the market now offering so many variations on both themes that the old dichotomy is largely irrelevant. Honda is further muddying the waters with its new Grom, a kind of supermoto-moped that straddles the valley between different classes of two-wheeled conveyance.

See more of the article here... Grom: Honda's pumped-up monkey bike hits a sweet spot

What do all of you think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Neat! I think a lot of people with bigger bikes will like this. I have a Harley Road King and can't wait to get my Grom. It may get more use than the hog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts