Honda Grom banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok guys. Both the 1st gen and 2nd gen clutch cables came in just now. I measured them up and the 1st gen clutch cable is 1-1/4" longer than the 2nd gen clutch cable. The beauty of it is if you just need a slightly longer clutch cable on a 2nd gen the 1st gen clutch cable is only $7.79 plus shipping. Hope this information helps someone out.
Can you post how long the 2017+ cable is to begin with? 1 1/4in longer doesnt help if you dont know the original size. I'm trying to figure out if just buying another cable for a smaller dirt bike would work. I'm getting the perfect stranger 2in risers and I have the honda mini bars but I just tried to add my rear handbrake setup and the clutch needs to be further over in front brake master so its maxed out.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Can you post how long the 2017+ cable is to begin with? 1 1/4in longer doesnt help if you dont know the original size. I'm trying to figure out if just buying another cable for a smaller dirt bike would work. I'm getting the perfect stranger 2in risers and I have the honda mini bars but I just tried to add my rear handbrake setup and the clutch needs to be further over in front brake master so its maxed out.

Thanks
I'll check and see if I still have the spare cable laying around. I'm out of the grom game and have been selling all my stuff and will be selling the grom soon. I'll check tonight.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts