Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone planning on upgrading the stock Grom brakes?

After seeing many MSX125 pics with Brembo calipers I had to do some digging and couldn't find much. Then bam, thankfully Tyga releases their 84mm Brembo conversion for the rear. I was pleasantly surprised to find that 84mm Brembo calipers are pretty cheap compared to what I was guessing.

Being able to throw Brembo's front and rear with stainless lines for under $500 isn't too shabby. Also going to send my rotors off to be lightened down in Savannah. I'll throw some pics up shortly, don't have any on my tablet.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Havn't really thought much about the brakes yet. Have a coupke things higher on my priority list. Maybe someone who has one can chime in and let us know how they are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
942 Posts
I ordered a tyga black bracket. Just to copy the specs. Ordered a caliper off ebay an from motocrossgiant.com the caliper comes stock on most ducatis. An are about 100 new. I found that to make a bracket for those brembos is a lot easier than trinna make a bracket that uses stock type nissins. I'm gonna make a dual caliper rear bracket. With dual brembos.... ;) for stunting in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
942 Posts
An as for the front, I'm planning on just upgrading the master. Either a 13mm magura or 16x18 brembo. All with ss lines. for the much needed precision for successful wheelies an stoppies.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Its a waste unless ya get the forks sorted first, they dive like an Argentinian footballer at the slightest hint of braking or hitting an ant in the road.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Its a waste unless ya get the forks sorted first, they dive like an Argentinian footballer at the slightest hint of braking or hitting an ant in the road.
I sure hope we are all able to get this sorted out. We put men on the moon, we should be able to sort out some forks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think fashion and I have things worked out from the dual cal side on the rear and I haven't even scratched the surface for the front.

Brembo's and ss lines hooked up with the Brembo master ... never failed me on the big bikes so I imagine I'll be juuuuuuuuuust fine on this lil guy

·
Registered
386 Posts
Can you tell me what front Brembo Caliper and size/part number. Will I need a mounting bracket or spacer for stock disc/rotor. Where they can be purchased.
Might be over kill but love Brembo. Looks and function. Have Brembos on one of my big bikes but never on a mini n

But having the Grom is about looks and having fun.
Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
right this minute, we are working on some ss brake lines and will have them on our site asap. We will be doing two types, for stock and for our Brembo conversion. On the forks, yep it is a challenge. never came across forks with no removable internals or oil before... BTW, are you sure you didn't fake those moon photos and footage?... the shadows were all wrong and that breeze on the flag and all... blah blah ;)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
right this minute, we are working on some ss brake lines and will have them on our site asap. We will be doing two types, for stock and for our Brembo conversion. On the forks, yep it is a challenge. never came across forks with no removable internals or oil before... BTW, are you sure you didn't fake those moon photos and footage?... the shadows were all wrong and that breeze on the flag and all... blah blah ;)
LOL well if we did at least we got folks to BELIEVE we went to the moon. We will give you the same option. If you can get us to BELIEVE the forks are better then we will order a set. LOL.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i rather use 4 piston brembo on the front, not sure which bike came from.. it is like stock front msx125 caliper.

i seen cheap brembo caliper, and repaint can.. could be rebuilt..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd be down for a bolt on Brembo front kit! Pretty much just cause it looks cool having a Brembo. The stock brakes are fine for what I do with it!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts