Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make steel braded front and rear brake lines for the grom. Can someone post pictures of the hose connection to the caliper, master cylinder, front and rear and measure the hose length from the center of the banjo bolt to center of the banjo bolt for the front and rear hoses please.

Ya'll rock!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have no idea what this means?^^^^^^^^
Oh, that was just for length of lines, as for bend angles of the fitting, yea ur gonna need a pic to get the exact bend.

Scale/ratio. Say on a picture the grom wheel is 1inch, u know the wheel is 12in. So from the picture if u measure a distance of 5in that would equal 60in @ real life scale.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, that was just for length of lines, as for bend angles of the fitting, yea ur gonna need a pic to get the exact bend.

Scale/ratio. Say on a picture the grom wheel is 1inch, u know the wheel is 12in. So from the picture if u measure a distance of 5in that would equal 60in @ real life scale.
Umm ya, thanks, that's why the title of the thread is called "Grom brake hoses, pictures please," not "what do you gess what parts I should use to make brake hoses for a bike I've never seen up close". Thanks, for your wisdom.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Approx scale I did was for the handbrake line. I guesstimating a 68in line, full throttle inc sells a 72in. So I am gonna order that and a magura 13mm master for the hb. Might even order that master for the front brakes too.
Already thought about setting up a hb on this thing. I had a braided ss on a full throttle junction for my first stunt set up. It'd be super easy to junction a line into a dual banjo on the caliper on the GROM I'm pretty excited!

That's a good idea on the front because I'm picturing dirty long supermoto style stoppies in the future!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Approx scale I did was for the handbrake line. I guesstimating a 68in line, full throttle inc sells a 72in. So I am gonna order that and a magura 13mm master for the hb. Might even order that master for the front brakes too.
Now you've gone to far. A 72" line. Are you out of your mind? I want some of what you're on. Then I'll just believe a grom is in my garage it's makes 165hp and goes 185mph, what oh that's my gsxr1000. Never mind.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Now you've gone to far. A 72" line. Are you out of your mind? I want some of what you're on. Then I'll just believe a grom is in my garage it's makes 165hp and goes 185mph, what oh that's my gsxr1000. Never mind.
Please sir, I am totally sober. Do by any chance you know what a hand brake is? Probebly not, well its a master on the left side of the handle bar that connect to a rear caliper. Crazy right? So yes there will be 2 levers on the left. And with what I'm planning on doing, there will be 2, yes 2 calipers on the rear disc. ;) of course I will need to manufacture an new bracket to accomodate the 2 calipers.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Umm ya, thanks, that's why the title of the thread is called "Grom brake hoses, pictures please," not "what do you gess what parts I should use to make brake hoses for a bike I've never seen up close". Thanks, for your wisdom.
Wow, no need get ur panties in a bunch.... Lol

*twist? Idk, u know what I mean....;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please sir, I am totally sober. Do by any chance you know what a hand brake is? Probebly not, well its a master on the left side of the handle bar that connect to a rear caliper. Crazy right? So yes there will be 2 levers on the left. And with what I'm planning on doing, there will be 2, yes 2 calipers on the rear disc. ;) of course I will need to manufacture an new bracket to accomodate the 2 calipers.
My apologies. Last night I was not totally sober. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts