Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've finally starting to get more and more Grom BBK back in stock.
Not sure how long they will last..... But, as of Today, we have these IN STOCK :
and others coming soon :

>> GROM BIG BORE KITS <<

- Takegawa 181cc 4v Super Head BBK

- Takegawa 143cc BBK w/ Camshaft

- Takegawa 143cc BBK w/o Camshaft

- Koso 170cc 2v BBK (Piston & Cylinder only)

- Koso 170cc 4v BBK (4v Piston & Cylinder & 4v Head, Camshaft.....etc.. ) or

- Kitaco 181cc 4v DOHC

·
Registered
101 Posts
We've finally starting to get more and more Grom BBK back in stock.
Not sure how long they will last..... But, as of Today, we have these IN STOCK :
and others coming soon :

>> GROM BIG BORE KITS <<

- Takegawa 181cc 4v Super Head BBK

- Takegawa 143cc BBK w/ Camshaft

- Takegawa 143cc BBK w/o Camshaft

- Koso 170cc 2v BBK (Piston & Cylinder only)

- Koso 170cc 4v BBK (4v Piston & Cylinder & 4v Head, Camshaft.....etc.. ) or

- Kitaco 181cc 4v DOHC

you guys should carry the tb 186 kit, I've been very happy with it

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you guys should carry the tb 186 kit, I've been very happy with it

There is a reason we don't carry anything over 181cc any more (using stock cases).
Over the past 7 + years of working with thousands and thousands of Grom / Monkey motors, we learned pretty quickly, that exceeding 63mm(181cc) is not worth the risk for very little if any benefit.
Yes,you can do it. Many people have or did run a 186cc.
But, a majority of those who have ran a 186cc, wind up finding out sooner or later, that the cylinder wall is too thin causing hot spots, warping, and eventual long term failure.
It's all about Risk vs. Reward.
To us It's not worth the risk for such a small or nothing reward.

There is a reason why (Kitaco, Takegawa, KOSO) the Biggest Three and most respected Companies for "Grom/Monkey" Big Bore Kits... do not offer anything over 63mm (181cc) on the Grom / Monkey Motors.

·
Registered
101 Posts

There is a reason we don't carry anything over 181cc any more (using stock cases).
Over the past 7 + years of working with thousands and thousands of Grom / Monkey motors, we learned pretty quickly, that exceeding 63mm(181cc) is not worth the risk for very little if any benefit.
Yes,you can do it. Many people have or did run a 186cc.
But, a majority of those who have ran a 186cc, wind up finding out sooner or later, that the cylinder wall is too thin causing hot spots, warping, and eventual long term failure.
It's all about Risk vs. Reward.
To us It's not worth the risk for such a small or nothing reward.

There is a reason why (Kitaco, Takegawa, KOSO) the Biggest Three and most respected Companies for "Grom/Monkey" Big Bore Kits... do not offer anything over 63mm (181cc) on the Grom / Monkey Motors.

There’s been hundreds if not thousands of these 186 kids sold that are running around race tracks under much higher demand then people running around the street. Custom tuners such as Cameron Jones and David Hume use them.
Also far as I know Kristen made special sleeve which helps increase longevity of the largerbore . I’m sure building techniques and practices have improved over the years send maybe it’s time to re-examine

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There’s been hundreds if not thousands of these 186 kids sold that are running around race tracks under much higher demand then people running around the street. Custom tuners such as Cameron Jones and David Hume use them.
Also far as I know Kristen made special sleeve which helps increase longevity of the largerbore . I’m sure building techniques and practices have improved over the years send maybe it’s time to re-examine

We're not trying debate this.
Some companies choose to sell everything.
We chose to only sell products we stand behind. We aren't just in it to make a buck. We want our customers to be happy long term with their purchase. There's hundreds of products we won't carry for that reason.
It's just not worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Someone just wrecked their 186. Have yet to see a Kitaco fail.

Does everyone source their 186 cylinders from the same place?
Blue Automotive tire Purple Wood Gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts