Honda Grom banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured we could get a thread started for stock airbox mods, since I heard the stock box does not flow to well.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Step 1:: remove air box
Step 2:: ???????!?!?
Step 3:: profit

·
Registered
918 Posts
I also was interested in seeing the setup everyone is going to run.

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm getting rid of the stock box asap and running some sort of just filter on the throttle body or a velocity stack/filter combo.

·
Registered
393 Posts
@tyler251, a K&N panel filter wont increase performance at all, but it will last forever if you maintain it.[/QUOTE]

It has to do something for performance. It is less restricted. Air flows through a k&n more easily than a standard filter. But for a little more flow I may cut some sections out of the airbox and replace with wire mesh.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
@tyler251, a K&N panel filter wont increase performance at all, but it will last forever if you maintain it.
It has to do something for performance. It is less restricted. Air flows through a k&n more easily than a standard filter. But for a little more flow I may cut some sections out of the airbox and replace with wire mesh.[/QUOTE]

Not in all applications. In the Miata community the K&N is not used because it provides no performance benefit in that application. Whether it will or not in the Grom will require some testing.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Are you planning on fording any streams? The snorkle is way up on the top left rear of the box. You could submerge the whole bike up to the bottom of the fuel tank if you wanted to rock it U-boat style.
In Florida you never know haha I've ridden my scoots over the years open carb with a stack or just an intake pipe but they always faced backward and were away from the tires, the way these throttle bodies sit behind the front tire and upward it makes me a bit nervous with water, if you look at some of the Thai bikes that are dirty, the front fender does very little when keeping water from going back onto the engines

I could very well just be acting over cautious, I won't know until I've ridden in a downpour and see where water does and doesn't get

1 - 16 of 16 Posts