Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What grips are you going to use on your Grom?

Also is it impossible to put 1" grips on a 7/8" bar? I know they sell shims for handlebars to the clamp but I don't think it would work for the grips. If anyone has ever done it let me know. I have some cool D3 billet grips I'd like to use on my ruck and/or Grom.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My biggest concern for 1" grips on a 7/8" bar would be the throttle side. I generally really really like stock Honda grips so I am pretty sure that is what I will stay with.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Is that what the grom has? A 7/8 bar?

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flashlight Grip Tool Torch

I have these that are normally $48 and I got for $1. They are 1" but I really want to put on my ruck and may get some black ones for the Grom.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Those look good but I think I would prefer all rubber grips.

·
Registered
530 Posts
get a sticky pair of gloves lol no but seriously, that's what I do ... I went through so many grips on my stunt bikes I gave up getting "good grips"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im going to change out my pro taper grips to Honda Wave grips they are much softer

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those look good but I think I would prefer all rubber grips.

Yeah I have a couple of sets of basic rubber grips but was gonna see how these workout if I can get them to fit without being a pain in the ass to get on/off.

·
Registered
530 Posts
what do you wear? Receivers gloves? Or are there companies selling actual "stunt" gloves?
Sorry, just saw this ... hands down best gloves I've ever had are my Oakley MX gloves. I usually get cheap MX gloves just for the feel on the bars. For a while I ran ProGrip 714 dual sport grips because they're oversized and WOW they were tacky and comfortable. Once I started doing pull throughs and jumps I switched back to standard scott mx grips.

To answer your question, most of the stunt guys just wear mx gloves to save our hands from the little falls throughout the day. I've never not worn gloves on a motorcycle of any kind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To answer your question, most of the stunt guys just wear mx gloves to save our hands from the little falls throughout the day. I've never not worn gloves on a motorcycle of any kind.

Wow you must have never really gone down then ! mx gloves with rip apart on the street anything over 30 mph def not for street use . when wearing them they expect you to fall into dirt not the road . If your not cheep and care about your hands get a good set of leather gloves or kangaroo leather gloves they can take 2x the abrasion . if i ride any motorcycle with out gloves i feel naked. lol and after watching my friend loose all use of his hands for over 3 weeks needing a sponge to wipe him self lol i wear gloves . only 2 kinds i riders i know ,ones that have been down and ones that are going down . id rather be safe then sorry ! I was into stunting like 8yrs ago on a f4i also it was cool i guess..... but riding 150+ mph wheelies is more fun for me .

·
Registered
530 Posts

Wow you must have never really gone down then ! mx gloves with rip apart on the street anything over 30 mph def not for street use . when wearing them they expect you to fall into dirt not the road . If your not cheep and care about your hands get a good set of leather gloves or kangaroo leather gloves they can take 2x the abrasion . if i ride any motorcycle with out gloves i feel naked. lol and after watching my friend loose all use of his hands for over 3 weeks needing a sponge to wipe him self lol i wear gloves . only 2 kinds i riders i know ,ones that have been down and ones that are going down . id rather be safe then sorry ! I was into stunting like 8yrs ago on a f4i also it was cool i guess..... but riding 150+ mph wheelies is more fun for me .
Oh sorry sir, I have really gone down before, skin graft on my right forearm and back. "stunt" meaning precisely what is my avatar pic is of, that's stunt. Got the leathers covered for the track and street. And 150+ mph wheelies aren't wheelies, they're wrongly applied power for rookie speed jockies. Heard this quote when I was 3 on my first bike with a motor.

Kudos on your sm wheelie though, however doesn't look like you're doing your mentioned 150+ nor could the sm do that.

Reactions: banks619

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have never meet a rookie who can pick it up in 1st and shift to 6th on one wheel ! i guess ghost rider is a rookie also ? yeah the sm was maxed out at 115mph but thats all shes needs. i was doing about 3-5 mph in the pic rear breaking with my foot not by hand like alot of "stunters" and was still in a leather jacket , sidi racing boots and gloves !!!!!!! cmon man even after a skin graft you still dont wear gloves ??? i dont know what to say

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think you misunderstood him. He stated he's never not worn gloves on a motorcycle of anykind. That means he always wears gloves.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts