Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Johnny and I live in Freedom, California. Just 15 miles south of Santa Cruz. Been riding for just about 4 years now. Started with a 150cc Vespa then moved to a Sachs MadAss 125 and up to a Yamaha WR250X. Sold the Vespa after buying the MadAss. And now selling the MadAss for the Grom. Heard about the Grom from a friend and we are thinking of getting one each. Going to use my WR as my commuter and plan on using the Grom as an all around in town and back road toy. There are a lot of nice twisty back roads around here. My first trip planned for the Grom is a ride to San Francisco. Should be a nice 2 hour ride there, not to mention fun riding in the city and the other 2 hours to get back.

Can't wait!

Reactions: rkwfxd

·
Registered
223 Posts
Johnny - give a shout when you get up to SF and we can tear the city up. SF Grom hooligan gangs anyone?

I'm going down to place my deposit this afternoon! w00t!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome. Maybe we can get a whole crew together on a bi-weekly or monthly thing. I'll be in the city tomorrow. Going to be riding my MadAss as a final trip before I sell it. Did you get a quote yet?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hope you have padded shorts as a 2 hour ride is a killer on the backside, not so bad if your on some twisty roads moving about a lot. But no comfort at all especially if you've been spoiled by the comfort of a CT70 seat.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you have padded shorts as a 2 hour ride is a killer on the backside, not so bad if your on some twisty roads moving about a lot. But no comfort at all especially if you've been spoiled by the comfort of a CT70 seat.
Killer as in this particular bike uncomfortable for 2 hours? My MadAss has a horrible seating position and seat and I can cope with it for 3 hours straight. I doubt there are many bikes worse than that, but thanks for the advice! Longest I've ridden non stop (other than for gas) was just over 5 hours. Strictly back roads only.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still own my Yamaha WR250X
My Sachs MadAss that is currently for sale

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I always thought those Sachs were pretty cool. Came close to buying one. Now I am glad I waited.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used to live in the Bay Area and had some street legal minis. I wish this bike was out a few years ago. Welcome to the forum! I hope to put down a deposit soon too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, I totally misread that. Thought it said 4,486. And your in freedom? That's somewhat close to me. Where are you getting yours at? Or is that some sort of buddy deal?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, I totally misread that. Thought it said 4,486. And your in freedom? That's somewhat close to me. Where are you getting yours at? Or is that some sort of buddy deal?
Oh, okay I was trying to see if I wrote something wrong. Yes, I'm in freedom. Just 15 miles south of Santa Cruz. A lot of people mistake Freedom for Fremont, which is farther north in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I'm getting mine from the closest dealer to me, which is in Salinas. I didn't get much help from the other 2 dealers around here. The owner is a really nice guy and the place is more of a mom and pop shop. He said he doesn't do much on bikes, but makes up for it in services, repairs, parts and gear. The shop also sells other Honda products like mowers and generators.

Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in San Jose. I just thought freedom sounded like a southern california town name. 3,500 is a huge savings, way lower than anything I've seen near me. Is the dealership Mckenney, or cycle stop, or gilroy cycle center or someone else?

If he is still taking down payments I'd switch to him in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts