Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the original airbox used to have a connection for the gas tank vent hose but the chimera intake does not. What do I do with the hose now? Shorten it and hide it somehow? Remove it?

What have you guys done?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mnthbx intake comes with a small filter to fit that line. It’s probably ok but I’d stick a filter on it to be safe.
Hi thanks for the reply, I have the chimera intake and not the mnthbx intake. So you're saying that the mnthbx intake has a filter for the gas tank vent line? I thought it had a filter for the crankcase breather hose? The chimera intake has a connection for the crankcase breather hose but nothing for the gas tank vent line so not sure what's the best thing to do with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotchya. The tank vent tube was tucked back . The crank case vent had the filter. You should be fine just tucking it back. I read vent hose and thought crank case.
That's what I ended up doing. I tucked it near the air filter. You can't really see it unless you look under the gas tank and my thought is that the area that it is in now there is a vacuum sucking gases out of the gas tank, which is what the original air box did.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Monkey gas tank is different than the Grom, there are two vent lines. One for gas vent and other connects the charcoal canister. The vent lines face downward. Those dirt bike gas vents close when upside down so not sure if it would allow enough air to vent. I still put one on the charcoal canister side

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
No need to buy one of those also as long as you plan to keep the EVAP canister. The uni filter is the recommended method of venting the Monkey gas tank because the dirt bike style used successfully on the Grom will not work the same upside down as it would need to be installed on the Monkey

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No need to buy one of those also as long as you plan to keep the EVAP canister. The uni filter is the recommended method of venting the Monkey gas tank because the dirt bike style used successfully on the Grom will not work the same upside down as it would need to be installed on the Monkey
Got it thanks, does the gas tank vent hose need to be exposed to some sort of vacuum (like it was on the original airbox) or can I just leave a small hose tucked under the tank leading to nowhere?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do not just leave it exposed unfiltered for long. Moisture, dirt, and anything else that can fit inside a 1/4 inch hose will end up in your gas tank and eventually the engine. The line creates a small vacuum of air and may actually suck stuff you do not want into the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts