Honda Grom banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Any advice on installing a set of Kenda KD1 tires? I鈥檓 not sure who I could take them to locally. Maybe my local Honda dealer would do a good job? Maybe...lol.

I would prefer to just do it myself. I don鈥檛 currently own the proper levers for motorcycle tires or rim protectors. I鈥檝e changed countless tubeless mountain bike tires, and they are super tight nowadays. It鈥檚 difficult to get the bead to seat, but I imagine the Grom tires are much more difficult since they are thicker. I don鈥檛 want some yahoo scratching up my rims.

Do they need to be balanced somehow?
Get a set of rim protectors, spoons and a bead breaker. Watch some videos on you tube on how to change tires and do it yourself. Easy after some practice.

Buy a wheel balancer (static) and balance them every time. It will vastly improve the ride experience.

Registered
Reactions: Phoenix

Registered
I have the same ones! (y)
But, but, I want to be in the club too.....!

I鈥檝e got a set of the Kenda KD1 Kwick tires coming. I will change them myself.

I bought them in the stock Grom sizes. I know everyone typically goes for the more narrow ones. I think it will be ok.

I鈥檓 glad I discovered these. They were not on my radar. They sound impressive, especially for the price.

The Brembo 4P caliper showed up today. It looks sweet. Still waiting on a pile of parts.

Reactions: Phoenix

Registered
I use stock grom sizes, mine turns quick enough already for me. No kart tracks around here. Lol. I did avoid the popular 140 rear tire because I didn't want to make the bike less nimble.

Reactions: MSX UD ITA

Registered
I use stock grom sizes, mine turns quick enough already for me. No kart tracks around here. Lol. I did avoid the popular 140 rear tire because I didn't want to make the bike less nimble.
Agree on all points and no kart tracks near me either. I think for the type of riding I do, the stock sizes will be great. I just wanted something stickier.

Reactions: Ninelives17
21 - 27 of 27 Posts