Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Grom - SP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my '22 Grom this past Saturday. I still have mixed feelings on it. When I ordered it, I was originally going to get rid of the decals and just have a white bike, but since putting a handful of miles on it, I'm starting to lean towards keeping the decals, or maybe ordering another set of plastics to remove the decals from.

Additionally, it's been a while since I've ridden. My last bike was an '05 R1. To say this is a big change is an understatement. I know people say that the Groms are a blast, but to be honest, I the thing kinda of scares me. I'm not used to not being able to get out of the way of traffic, and the bike seems more "twitchy?" I'm not sure if the rake is different on the forks or maybe just the smaller wheels, but there is definitely a curve to be learned.

All that being said, I do enjoy the bike. I'm waiting for my buddy to get his as well - He's waiting on a black one. Maybe then it'll be a little more fun to cruise around town.

Here are a couple pics. What are your thoughts? I've removed the "ant antenna" side view mirrors and gone with bar end mirrors. I'm also looking into the license plate fender delete. I've seen the TST and the Yoshimura, but I would like to keep the factory license plate light. Maybe I'll have to wait until someone else comes out with something more a long the lines of what I'm interested in...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congratulations on your new Grom and welcome to the forum. I agree, 12" wheels and a shorter wheelbase does yield a certain twitch, but I'm sure you'll become accustomed to it quickly. Experimenting with tire pressures and suspension setup may help.

Have fun accessorizing your new ride...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts