Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife guilted me into getting her a ruckus since I got a grom. was wondering for those out there that have one as well if there were any good websites for the ruck or parts? Looking to do an exhaust, intake, jet and cdi. She complained it was too slow, so have i. I've got the yoshi full system for the grom and am partial to the brand so will probably go that route. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
356 Posts
GET is the stock motor. GY6 is a 150cc motor many people swap in. 1GY6 swap is the way to go. I will never ride a 50cc ruckus again. ridiculously slow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My stock grom can walk away from my buddy's stretched fatty gy6. No mods needed to beat a GY6...with that said I have a stretched gy6 ruck and love it!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
it all depends on what kind of performance and/or reliability you want with your ruckus.. we ride big rides all the time and my GET has NEVER had any problems with the rides.. i can maintain 45-50 on most roads.. faster on hills.. up hill well its a 49cc.. my average is about 30-35 up hill unless its a steep hill.. I wouldn't recommend just jumping into a GY6 swap.. believe me.. EVERY ride we goto the first person to have problems is the one with a chinese GY6 motor.. jmzd4 and I went to a ride in early August and we all were crusing pretty close to 50 if not faster the whole day.. I would hate for you to do a swap and have your wife riding it while you are on a GROM and having to stop to try to fix a problem.. there are better swaps but cost more.. before the GROM was announced i was going to do a yamaha EFI z125 zuma swap but now im keeping it GET..

totalruckus.com is THE site for all the info you need.. tons of parts available.. best vendors and best people are on TR..

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Don't do a swap. Keep it GET. Every swap I know of is nothing but problems. As BR said, every ride that we go on, the swappers are the first to break down, and they ALWAYS break down. At CoN this past June the swaps were breaking down before we even got on the road to ride.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Agreed with total ruckus comments.

You might not run into the same issues most guys have (being 200lbs and trying to get 49cc to pull you). Normally women have a lot easier time being quicker/better top speed because they are smaller and lighter than us.

Don't swap GY6. If you are going to swap, you should have just bought a $600 china 150 scoot and replace it yearly.

Gy6 have a lot of small stupid issues. You bought Honda.... Why would you remove Japan and install china. It's THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the whole scoot and you are going to swap it out with china. I could never swap any of mine. I've had like 5-6 ruckus. Ruckus is more about style than speed. If you want speed, buy her the new Honda 125 scoot. Otherwise keep it slow and insanely reliable.

Reactions: BlueRidge and jmzd4
1 - 20 of 21 Posts