Honda Grom banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
This is how it sounds open with no muffler or pipe.

I wonder if anyone can put a larger I/D pipe on the front part of the unit that mounts to the exhaust part of the head just to get a better flow of exhaust gas to the CAT and also mounting a bung for the WB sensor or A/F sensor, and of course you would DIY port match the I/D hole size with the exhaust port of the head by doing a little dermal.
That is the right amount of noise I want on my grom.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I wonder if anyone can put a larger I/D pipe on the front part of the unit that mounts to the exhaust part of the head just to get a better flow of exhaust gas to the CAT and also mounting a bung for the WB sensor or A/F sensor, and of course you would DIY port match the I/D hole size with the exhaust port of the head by doing a little dermal.
That is the right amount of noise I want on my grom.
You likely could install a larger head pipe, but it would require punching a larger hole into the cat and some welding. I'm not willing to go that far so I simply run it as it is. The engine actually runs very well with it and the gas mileage is stellar (139.0 mpg).

I'm feeling noisy today so I'm putting the TOCE back on... ;)

R4lPqKf.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
You could likely get your friend's stock SF exhaust for next to nothing if you want something cheap and quiet but with just a little more sound and performance. Most guys throw them away once they get an aftermarket exhaust.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts