Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres a random photo i took today of the shop mule... just cuz... Wanting to make sure everyone knows that things are happening n stuff, since i do take a lot of heat privately for not posting a hundred pics of the thing every single day from every different angle with go-pro vids to match... lol!!!

Does snickers satisfy? :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ... can't get much lower

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swartzie: actually... you can't... this really is as low as it can physically go without many more modifications to it (that will likely happen here as well for a special upcoming build)... on this bike, it'll be raised a bit higher than this to actually ride it. I want it to at least have 1" of suspension travel, which is more than any of my Rucks have had really... hahaha!

(disclaimer: dear motorcycle purists... yes, i know its not gonna handle good anymore, and this is "ruining" the cornering capabilities, and all that BS... thats not what THIS bike is being built for... this one is being built like you'd build a sweet custom Ruckus, or a low chopper harley, etc... low and mean, style over full function... haha!)

El Chorizo: I'd just go ahead and plan on seeing the non-projector light.... having ridden with the projector light at night on this bike, i actually want to get rid of it... i F^@#ing hate it. It looks cool in the daylight, but around here i have a LOT of fast turns with ZERO "other" light, and can't see shit 'through' the turn with the projector, only like 20 ft in front of you, which does jack-crap for you when you're going 50+mph... lol! I'm sure the DOT probably has seen this and realizes that it poses a huge safety risk, and won't allow it to see the light of day here in America (no pun intended).

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
(disclaimer: dear motorcycle purists... yes, i know its not gonna handle good anymore, and this is "ruining" the cornering capabilities, and all that BS... thats not what THIS bike is being built for... this one is being built like you'd build a sweet custom Ruckus, or a low chopper harley, etc... low and mean, style over full function... haha!)

What!!! It's not going to handle? You are going to slam a Grom aren't you? Aren't you??

·
Registered
677 Posts
since i do take a lot of heat privately for not posting a hundred pics of the thing every single day from every different angle with go-pro vids to match... lol!!!
noooo... who would do such a thing?? :D

interesting!

·
Registered
457 Posts
thats cool bro but why would it slammed handle funny

bahahaa jk i bet you got heat from that one dude who rides a vespa all detailed descriptions about the rate in rebound from the forks to the lean angle that the grom has. hahahahaa sorrry like to make myself laugh now and then.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh it's already lowered, my question is, is there a stretch involved?????

CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I'M DOIN!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have not interest in a lowered and/or stretched Grom. But I think that is one thing that is going to make this bike so cool.... the variety.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Different strokes for different folks. :) .. For me, this bike will be the "show bike" of sorts, and what I use to do stuff like this... My US-Spec version will be better with turning and riding... After all, the lowered bike doesn't lend itself well to the wonderful mountain roads here :)

I think it'll be fun to have one of each different style..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cool to see you have things churning down there! Lowered at a car show would look sick.

Also nice to know about the headlight at night. I definitely don't want it if it sucks for visibility but DAMN does it look good during the day!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts