Honda Grom banner

Gauging Interest: HID Retrofit for the Grom

10K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  LateNA 
#1 ·
I was wondering if you guys would ACTUALLY be interested in getting rid of that halogen headlight, and switching to a HID kit.

Chime in to let us know.

And don't say, "Well if the price is right..." We all know that the price is the price, and an HID kit will cost money.

(This would not be a HID bulb kit. It would be a full on HID replacement)

Photos from a recent Yamaha FZ-09 Retrofit:

See less See more
#4 ·
I was wondering if you guys would ACTUALLY be interested in getting rid of that halogen headlight, and switching to a HID kit.

Chime in to let us know.

And don't say, "Well if the price is right..." We all know that the price is the price, and an HID kit will cost money.
I sent a email to Bombay MotorSports to see if he has the right HID unit that will work with the Grom, contact Pra at Bombay Motorsports and see if he will give a group rate tell him CiscoSanJose recommended him, Pra also carries Yosh pipes for the Grom.

#6 ·
I got a guy doing my retrofit right now. He charged me $75 plus shipping and you supply your own materials. I personally recommend using TheRetrofitSource for quality components and great customer service. If you need a retrofitter I can refer you to my guy.

#11 · (Edited)
Too much power? Maybe for startup, but once they are running they use about the same amount of power as a halogen. Expensive to replace? $20 for a bulb is about what good halogens are running. I can get a Morimoto bulb for the same price.

#15 ·
I actually looked into going with an LED light setup similar to the Harley option. It got good reviews in some places, but in other places people weren't pleased with the light output, which is why I ultimately went with the HID setup that I chose. I have not researched a light bar setup like Composimo, but that style setup does not pique my interest.

#27 ·
That is a USDM headlight with a projector added to it. It is my understanding that the Thai projector is not suitable for HID, so I am having a complete retrofit done.

#30 ·
I will give a little update. I got my HID retrofit headlight in hand as well as all the parts to slap it on. Unfortunately they harness I got was bad so I am awaiting a new one. Here are some pics of the light finished.

Personal protective equipment Audio equipment Auto part Automotive lighting Automotive fog light

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Lighting Automotive fog light

Light Lighting Design Sky Technology

Tire Automotive tire Light Room Interior design

Gun Fashion accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.