Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is a really terrible picture of that swingarm on their website... the welds up near the bushings look VERY inconsistent and "boogered", which is not something i'd expect from GCraft (it could simply be the picture since it does suck)... wonder if that is one of the many copies out there that you see on eBay for $200... except this one is well over twice that. lol! Also, this looks to be about the stock length.

SouthernGrom: FWIW, i am not planning a whole swingarm replacement right now. It may be something i'll do eventually, but it is a TON of labor to do it right, and me being a little "one-man-band" type shop, it would be hard for me to do that and be price competitive.

What i WILL be making, and have been testing, are slip-in extensions that will use your stock swingarm (which is actually quite lightweight for what it is), and give you multiple adjustments for stretch. Keeps it simple for the end user as well, and still looks pretty bitchin :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks like the typical welding artifacts...light surface spatter/burning/oxidation. It's unavoidable, however, it's also easy to remove if you know what you're doing with buffer wheels & compounds. G`Craft triplesquare arms are top-quality, functional, bike jewelry. IMHO, $450USD is very reasonable...unless they've suddenly become indifferent toward Q/C; that would come as a complete shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts