Honda Grom banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. Anybody else's GROM shake like a Brazilian while in neutral at a stop? Well mine does and the only way to stop it from vibrating the change outta my pocket is to hold the front brake in, wtf is that about?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nope. Only thing wrong w mine is it is red and not black.

Loving it more each day.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nope nothing like that over here.
Try tweeking the idle a bit, it could be just on that throttle setting.
Ours idle at about 1500rpm,
also klicks into first gear smoother than a smooth thing.

Pic supplied by Banks619 of the idle screw position, cheers bro.

Dog

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine does this sometimes!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll tune in idle today. It's sitting at factory recommended idle.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.

It is an easy fix but rather than just go order the black parts, I am going to whine about it for a while.
Do a wrap, solid colors are pretty cheap. Granted it won't have the factory sparkle but you can do any tone black you want.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Do a wrap, solid colors are pretty cheap. Granted it won't have the factory sparkle but you can do any tone black you want.
If I do a wrap I will do a completely different color like blue or something. With my skills though, I am pretty sure I will end up with a big ball of wrinkled wrap for the cat to play with and a bike covered in scratches.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
You bolted a glow in the dark what? to your bike?

LOL

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its resonance on a frequency within the steel framework. The cylinder is reciprocating horizontally and since there is nothing to absorb that energy, i.e. the tire and road, the energy gets transferred up the forks into the handlebars. Front braking at idle resists this energy transfer.

Now I could just be talking out of my ass, but there is a reason most single cylinder engines are, near, vertical in design.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Its resonance on a frequency within the steel framework. The cylinder is reciprocating horizontally and since there is nothing to absorb that energy, i.e. the tire and road, the energy gets transferred up the forks into the handlebars. Front braking at idle resists this energy transfer.

Now I could just be talking out of my ass, but there is a reason most single cylinder engines are, near, vertical in design.

MOST single cylinder motors are HORIZONTAL. MOST larger displacement (200 plus cc) ARE Vertical. There are tons more horizontal scooter motors and Honda clone horizontal motors out there in the world than vertical thumpers....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts