Honda Grom banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

Registered
Just read through your thread. Very impressive. I normally hate stretches, but yours is the best one I've ever seen. I think it's because the stock Monkeys are really short to begin with. Yours is done in 馃槃 such excellent taste. I came from a Ruckus to a Grom.

I had a lot of fun on it... and having even more on the Grom. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thanks!!! I miss being able to twist and go with the ruckus, but it's also so much fun to blast through the gears on the monkey.

Registered
Ok so you know I put my stretch on, do you find it more twitchy with the stretch? I rode it for the first time last night cause I was waiting for my ECU to come back from DHM, it seemed to be twitchier at speed. I know that makes no sense because I made the bike longer but here we are. Maybe it all in my mind.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Ok so you know I put my stretch on, do you find it more twitchy with the stretch? I rode it for the first time last night cause I was waiting for my ECU to come back from DHM, it seemed to be twitchier at speed. I know that makes no sense because I made the bike longer but here we are. Maybe it all in my mind.
I kinda know what you mean. The few times I rode my bike on the freeway at wot, the front felt really light and not planted, but on the regular streets, not so much. Doesnt make sense, right? I just learned to live with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Just a couple new pics. Added the Dart Piranha Flyscreen......not a look that everyone likes, but the more I started getting into cafe racers, the more I fell in love with the look.

20200609_031510.jpg

20200609_050048.jpg

20200609_052735.jpg

Registered
Dude, this is sick monkey build, I've always wanted to do some sort of cafe build, if I do I think this is the way to go. I also see that you're in San Diego like me, I'd love to see this thing in person.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Dude, this is sick monkey build, I've always wanted to do some sort of cafe build, if I do I think this is the way to go. I also see that you're in San Diego like me, I'd love to see this thing in person.
Another monkey in sd....what?!?!? What part of SD? I'm down to meet up when we're both free.

Registered
2020 Honda Monkey
Dude the bike looks sick. I come from a cafe racer background (built an xs650 a while back). You should definitely check this out. It鈥檚 less of a windshield but with a color match it would definitely make the front pop

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks bro. If I didn't already get the Dart flyscreen, I would definitely opt for that. Post pics of your xs650. I love the cafe racer theme. Really contemplating getting a triumph to build a bigger cafe racer.

Registered
2020 Honda Monkey
Probably better off. The dart screen looks like it would actually be functional. I鈥檒l see if I can scrounge up some pictures. This was well before I started documenting stuff. I鈥檓 sure I have some around though. Also definitely do it. Are you savvy engine mechanics wise? The older bikes need love. 70:30 riding to wrenching. At least mine always were. If I were to do a cafe again I would just cry quietly while handing over my checkbook for the new triumph thruxton. Honestly they did such a great job and after building that bike and other projects in the basement you鈥檒l be into it for that much anyways, so it鈥檚 really do you want that vintage smell and feel and labor of love or hop on and go. Either way, you can鈥檛 lose

Registered
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Thats funny you mention that because the 2 bikes I was considering were the thruxton or the speed twin. I know little to nothing when it comes to wrenching. Aside from the ruckus, the monkey has been the only thing I've ever worked on.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts