Honda Grom banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I've gone through a flashed ECU, bazzaz, etc, but really just going with the Aracer and an AF-1 (which is what I have now) I wish I'd have just gone that direction a lot earlier on instead of all of steps and money.
What made you go with the aracer 2 over the mini5?

·
Registered
196 Posts
What made you go with the aracer 2 over the mini5?
Primarily because a local guy I am working with lead me that direction. He was able to use some maps he'd worked on for his own bike and others he's setup and pre-program mine and ship it to me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Primarily because a local guy I am working with lead me that direction. He was able to use some maps he'd worked on for his own bike and others he's setup and pre-program mine and ship it to me.
Gotcha. Looking forward to seeing some tuning videos.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Doing my part in the STAY at HOME movement by installing more parts. Installed the Gears Racing rear shocks with stiffer springs and dropped it another 2 inches. Needed a way to mount my phone, so I opted for the QuadLock phone mount.

received_836773553507335.jpg

received_600370630562054.jpg

received_1068159976891783.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Added a couple new parts.....

First up is the Dingerbuilt intake.

20200419_084105.jpg

I wanted to break off from the norm. Sounds awesome and give the bike a little more pep. Next new part is clear turn signals. I couldnt source the euro signals, but really like how these turned out.

20200419_084120.jpg

Along with the signals, I also installed 6k led bulbs as well as the Opmid Dr. Blink to keep the signals on constant. They make riding at night a lot more easier as well as being more visible to other drivers.

20200419_084156.jpg

Lastly, I installed the Aracer Mini5 and AFV1. I went for a 25 mile ride this morning to tune the bike and its night and day. All gears run strong, except 4th. Also, I'm no longer able to bounce 3rd gear off the rev limiter. I love how the bike runs now, but still want the extra power so I'm not having to ride wot all the time. For now, I'll enjoy the bike as it is and decide later on if I want to keep it 125cc or go big bore.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The build is looking awesome, really liking the style. If we didn't get as much snow and everything else here I'd rethink how I'm taking my bike. Crazy how different dropping the aRacer in isn't it?

Since you went AF-1, I suspect you've plugged the stock O2 sensor port but lef the "shield" on, any reason for that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The build is looking awesome, really liking the style. If we didn't get as much snow and everything else here I'd rethink how I'm taking my bike. Crazy how different dropping the aRacer in isn't it?

Since you went AF-1, I suspect you've plugged the stock O2 sensor port but lef the "shield" on, any reason for that?
Thanks bro!!! Not sure I understand what you mean about the stock o2 sensor port and shield. Did I install it wrong? I watched as many YouTube tutorials on the install, but not surprised if I messed up somewhere.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks bro!!! Not sure I understand what you mean about the stock o2 sensor port and shield. Did I install it wrong? I watched as many YouTube tutorials on the install, but not surprised if I messed up somewhere.
Nope, not wrong at all, moreso just a question. I noticed in the pic above you have this:

The black part is the O2 sensor guard since the stock O2 sensor screws into a port right behind there. Since you're using the AF-1, that O2 sensor is no longer needed (and I can see you have the AF-1 directly in the header where it should be). Therefor, I went ahead and just removed that shield and plugged the hole:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Tbh, I'm really mechanically challenged. Lol. That's why I really appreciate all the videos everyone makes. I had no clue that was the stock o2 sensor. Would it make any difference if I took it off or left it on? Did you just plug it with a screw?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tbh, I'm really mechanically challenged. Lol. That's why I really appreciate all the videos everyone makes. I had no clue that was the stock o2 sensor. Would it make any difference if I took it off or left it on? Did you just plug it with a screw?
If you go over to Amazon and look for "12mm O2 Sensor Port Plug" there are a few options, and all pretty cheap. You need something a little bit wide lipped since you want to prevent any kind of air leak, so going with the sensor plugs you'll be fine. I'd remove all of it since it won't be used (and unsure with having it plugged in to the harness with the AF-1 would do since you'd effectively be getting two O2 readings). If you trace the wire from the O2 sensor up you'll find a small connector (just above your exhaust near the muffler) that you can disconnect at least to get the stock O2 sensor from sending signals. Removing the stock O2 may be a bit tricky just because it's recessed in there, so you may have to look around for something you can get in there to remove it (but don't bother until you have a plug).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
No new parts.....just a little bored and decided to do a little photoshoot.

2020-04-21_11-50-17.jpg
2020-04-21_11-50-22.jpg

2020-04-21_11-50-27.jpg

2020-04-21_11-50-31.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,481 Posts
Looks awesome! That is a very empty parking garage.

Reactions: beezy619

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Great looking Monkey! How do you like the new seat compared to the stock one as far as comfort?
Thanks!!! Nothing is gonna beat the stock seat as far as comfort. These takegawa seat is still pretty comfortable though.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts