Honda Grom banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks!!! Appreciate you making blogs on your build. Will definitely refer to them once I start working on the engine.
No problem at all. If I weren't going for a slightly more offroad version of the bike, that stretch on yours looks very tempting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Been stuck at work.....no current parts to put on. Looking into wheels next.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I dig that a lot! The ruckus was sick too! Sucks about it getting stolen. How is it having it sitting in the apartment? Nobody gives you any crap about pulling it inside or is it a stealth mission every time you pull it in? I might be moving into an apartment myself and was worried I’d have to rent a storage unit to house my ride.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,490 Posts
Looks like my Harbor Freight stand.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I dig that a lot! The ruckus was sick too! Sucks about it getting stolen. How is it having it sitting in the apartment? Nobody gives you any crap about pulling it inside or is it a stealth mission every time you pull it in? I might be moving into an apartment myself and was worried I’d have to rent a storage unit to house my ride.
Thanks!!! The residents that do see me are more amazed with the bike, rather than the fact that I'm rolling it into my apartment. I did run across one of the maintenance guys the other day and he kinda gave me a weird look, so I might have to watch out for that guy. I figure it's no different from bring in a regular bicycle.....as long as it's not on and running.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you intend to leave it on the stand when not in use? Also did the stand work right out of the box no modifications necessary? Btw, I like what you've done to the bike it's very tasteful not too over the top. I know you mentioned possibly changing the wheels what do you have in mind?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Tbh, I don't know why I leave it on the stand. Lol. I guess as I modding the bike, it's easier when its upright, as oppose to leaning on the kickstand. The stand came like that from harbor freight. As far as wheels, I want to run a 6" rear wheel. I had a fatty wheel on my ruckus and I would like to have one for the monkey. As for design, not sure yet. Nothing crazy, just clean and that'll go with the cafe racer theme.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As others already mentioned, it's fun watching the build and transformation. You spend the $$$ and I'm entertained... it's looking great!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
LMAO!!!! Never thought about it that way. Lol. Damn....let me jump on someone else's build thread so I can save some money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bit the bullet and ordered this:

Air intake part Auto part Pipe Automotive super charger part Automotive exhaust

Think I'm gonna go with aracer mini5 for my ecu. Plan is to eventually go big bore.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've gone through a flashed ECU, bazzaz, etc, but really just going with the Aracer and an AF-1 (which is what I have now) I wish I'd have just gone that direction a lot earlier on instead of all of steps and money.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts