Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He never uses it and does not live near a city (which I do) so he wants to sell it for $2500, it's a 2015 with 212 miles
Extras are: Maxxis tires (knobby, installed = stock included like new also) Zeus armor crash bars (not installed) Nice tail kit (not installed)
Been wanting a Grom to play around in the town / city (I can ride into the city not on the highway where I live) but $3600ish out the door was way too much, pretty sure this is a good deal and I could probably sell it for what I paid if I get bored of it? (which I don't think I will)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you like motorcycles and have ridden for awhile, buy it, make sure it either has a clear title and is DMV registered
it's from my friend / someone I know personally / clear title for sure nothing to worry about that at all

Currently have a 98 Suzuki Bandit 1200s that I use for fun (going out on the weekend, touring / blasting around) and some days to drive to work, and a 08 Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter I use to commute days that are not crappy enough to make me drive me car (about a 18 min commute), the area I live in has terrible traffic, but there are lots of fun neighborhoods with hills and turns in the 35-45 mph range around me (like a LOT) and I would be getting this to tear around and have fun during the week when the highways are clogged but the town is clear, also I live really close to a major city so it seems like it would be a ton of fun for tooling around the city / easy to park anywhere real quick, and can dart around?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Nice. You take it off and sweet jumps yet?
Dude, you beat me by like 1 hour. I say that all the time haha. Here's a video I made last summer, my bike is the camera bike. You can skip ahead to about the 3 minute mark, and at 3:10 you'll see I what I did. For the record, we were brand new at this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crap a Craigslist bike just popped up, for $2300 ($200 less) I can get a 2014 Grom with 4k miles, new battery, tail eliminator, one down on front sprocket, full two bros exhaust (factory exhaust included), speedo calibrated with speedo healer, and some like new Michelin Pilot Power Pure SC

I don't have many trails around me so I'm not sure I would use the knobby tires, but seems like a 2015 with 200 miles even with tires I might not use for $200 more than a 2014 with 4k miles is still the better deal even though it has the tires I would probably end up buying and installing already installed?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The 200 mile bike is the better deal, should have much less wear on the engine. You could consider a 4000 mile Grom 1/4 or 1/5 worn out, 20k miles is where I would expect an engine rebuild to be necessary. Plus the 4K bike could be a prior BBK Grom that went back to stock, whereas you know your friend's bike hasn't had any engine mods.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The '14's mods are pretty low budget with exception of the pipe and possibly tires. You could buy your buddy's bike, then ask to buy the pipe off the '14 Grom for $200, he could afford to sell it for even less after he put the stock pipe back on. Same with the speedo healer. If he posted a '14 Grom for $2100 he'd sell it quick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts