Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some issues getting into N while the engine was running. I know dirty oil can affect this so I did do an oil change and it resolved the N issue but during the oil change I found three pieces of grey plastic in the strainer screen. The plastic is very brittle and breaks almost every time I touch it but I was able to line it up to look as close to one piece as I believe it was. Any thoughts on where this came from? Bike only has 1950 miles on it and this is the second oil change I've done on it in the last 1000 miles.

One other noise I did not notice before the oil change but do now is when I tilt the bike to the timing chain side there is a very light rattle. Might be a separate issue but it sounds new to me.

Appreciate the help!

IMG_6867.jpg
IMG_6868.jpg

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Almost looks like gasket from two halves of the crank case or possible cam chain arm unit that touches the chain esp if someone installed a after market cam chain arm.

the cam chain noise happens when the oil is replaced and there is no oil in the tube to add pressure to the cam arm. I replaced the stock cam chain unit with GromFatherZ's manual cam chain adjuster.

Did you buy the grom new or second owner??

·
Registered
839 Posts
Please, check your fairings for missing pieces.. Remove seat and look for fairing integrity especially on side and back fairings....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts