Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earlier this week, I received the Formula Low Down (dirty shame) exhaust from jeankysti, a fellow Forum member. He's easy to do business with-- a squared away guy who takes the time to answer your stupid questions. He also ships quickly! Installation was a piece of cake. That is, after I bent one of the mounts the Thai builders neglected to check the fit on. No worries. That's why God invented Vice-Grips. Or was that Sears?

Videos featuring drive by audio clips seem to be all the rage these days-- and I happen to be chock full o'rage. So, here's a video to enjoy… or not. I'm too angry to care.

Performance? What performance? It's too early to tell if I got any fractions of a horsey from this modification. Drivers here are platooning this week, so there's no space to open her up for a max speed test. If I can break 60mph on the speedo, I'll be happy. I'm 6 foot nothing and about 200lbs. The highest I've had this bike is 60mph. However, that's not the point of this mod.

I wanted a new sound that I could enjoy. Mission accomplished in that regard. The Low Down sounds nice. When you're on the throttle, it has a deep throaty pitch. When you relax, it settles down nicely. The stock baffle is still installed, so stay tuned for a follow up video featuring that baffle removed as well as the new MNNTHBX fender elimination kit. Anyone that wants my existing Yoshimura elim kit can PM me. I'm looking for $50 shipped.

Gas it up and burn it down. Get some of this GROM!
Evan

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Cool vid. I got zero sound on my phone though.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Is your phone on silent? You may have to flip the switch on the side. I know I had to.

Yeah that fixed it. But it was weird because sound worked on other vids just fine.

Still getting to know this iPhone.

Thank you my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Sorry there's no help for you! Lol

it was my damn ipad with that screwed up version of iOS WTF. now that I'm at work I can see it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your fender eliminator video is that entertaining, it may end up on my site.....
I'll work up something less silly for you-- with a rocking Alice in Chains soundtrack, brother! I'm still planning on buying your exhaust system. I just needed something in the interim.

Oh, and the $50 Yoshi kit is priced low for a reason. Botched wheelie attempt left some rash on it. Replaced Yoshi graphics with On Point Firearms Pininfarina-style sticker. We have a saying here at the shop to describe shit like this: "It's good from far, but far from good."

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, guys. Someone stopped to talk to me at nearly every location. The GROM really captures the imagination of riders and non-riders alike. I haven't been this popular ever. The stock high beam is pretty bright too! Going to whip up another video with the baffle stack removed. More exotic locations. More GROM. Need some naked ladies in the video and we're set!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm just surprised that no-one stole your camera whilst filming, lol.
Good little vid! :)

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm just surprised that no-one stole your camera whilst filming, lol.
Good little vid! :)

Sent from my HTC One

Bwahahahaha! No doubt. A couple of fishermen were eye balling it. I just did a few quick loops, so I always had a line of sight on it. Plus, it's an old Contour that we use on our rifles. Quality sucks as you can see. No up to spec with GoPro. No wonder they folded and went out of business last year.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks, guys. Someone stopped to talk to me at nearly every location. The GROM really captures the imagination of riders and non-riders alike. I haven't been this popular ever. The stock high beam is pretty bright too! Going to whip up another video with the baffle stack removed. More exotic locations. More GROM. Need some naked ladies in the video and we're set!
Yup dont forget the ladies this time.. Lol

Sent from my iPad using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*** UPDATE: taking the baffle out makes this exhaust sound like a Mack truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant. Will shoot some video this weekend. I don't know if it's the sound I'm looking for, but I had some unruly college aged guys on a porch cheering for me as I drove by this afternoon. Sounds like a Honda Civic with an 8" fart can on the back. Well, maybe better than that. You'll have to listen and make a judgement for yourself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts