Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upon doing an oil change with our second grom which has a fmf header, i used the common foil tip to protect the header and help control the spread of oil. while it worked, the foil was torn accidentally as it's in close proximity to the he drain bolt. when it came to changing the oil on our first grom, which now has a tyga header, i'd had to use something better as the midpipe spring is aligned under the drain bolt. while i could remove the spring, i wanted to find a method to keep the task as simple as possible for future changes. as a solution, i got a form-a-funnel which is malleable to form a shape of your desire. upon first use, it works perfectly and i could even route the oil directly into a empty quart container, no need for a catch can.

www.formafunnel.com

for those with an aftermarket header who like to avoid getting oil on the header, it's worth the $15 investment.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried it out last night. to me, this is one of those tools you wished you had a long time ago. it really controls excessive mess.

draining the oil. zero oil on the header or midpipe spring

cleaning the filter and spinner. switched orientation to span the entire right crankcase cover. was able to catch and direct all oil that spilled out once you remove the cover.

upgrading the stator. again, oriented the funnel to catch oil when removing the left crankcase cover.

best of all, this will definitely be put to use when servicing other vehicles and projects.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts