Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had these left over from another motorcycle and never installed them. I saw how exposed the upside down forks on the Grom were and put these on.

Comments?

Attachments

Reactions: tegboi

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I really don't think they are necessary, at least for me on my street bike. But it they ease your mind, rock on.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought about doing the same and losing the front fender but then of course one needs to fab a mount for the brake line. I'm not too concerned about the stock setup in terms of fork lowers protection, seems good enough but your setup should only help. I just see one option to save weight, but maybe the front fender doesn't weigh much anyways?

·
Registered
237 Posts
A good idea. All it takes is a rock thrown up by a car to create a divot on the exposed male slider which in turn will eat up your fork seal and make it leak. I've seen this happen many times on street bikes.

Reactions: hairpin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Be careful with the covers, they are a good idea in theory but can end up trapping small sharp rocks and sand and gouge the shaft pretty badly. I'm leaving mine alone since the fender protects against a direct rock to the front of the stanchion already.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like how you're protective of it. +1!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Normally those are to cover the seals. I'd be worried about them trapping dirt against your seals this way. Plus when your forks compress theyvsre just going to bow out, letting debris behind them. Great idea, just prolly won't work like you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts