Honda Grom banner

Fork Preloader

9K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Grompilot 
#1 ·
Has any one ordered or installed a set of fork preloaders on there bike. What were the results. I saw some on the Takegawa web site and was wondering if it would be helpful.
Thanks

#6 ·
Yes the Low Down Front. Puts more pressure on the springs with out losing travel. Hoping for a firmer ride.

#8 ·
Has Race Tech leaked out any info.

#13 ·
Thanks Tyga . Will be waiting

#18 ·
Ok had my fork oil changed under warranty by Honda, standard oil I think is 5w as they have told dealers its 10w or nothing so I lost my temper at the dealers as they said I would get 15w, anyways I got the bike back and OMFG what a totally different bike, no more saggy pogoing forks, a lot stiffer and a lot more settled flying round the bends, get onto ya dealer and complain and every other msx/grom rider and get them to do the work for free, honest its a night and day difference, 10w is fine and I weigh 220lbs.

#20 ·
I have no paperwork as its a bulletin message sent to uk dealers via Honda uk and not for public eyes, only speaking to Honda uk directly and complaining they sent out the bulletin, but the uk forum has had quite a few members who have had the mod done under warranty no problem and they all report its a really big difference over standard!

#23 ·
How does the rear shock feel now that the forks feel much better?

#27 ·
Guys,
The ideal fork wt. oil is directly related to the rider wt., but for most riders, 30wt. fork oil seems to be perfect.
As far as the "pre-loaders" go, they don't pre-load anything, they just extend or retract the inner tube.
When I made my pre-load spring spacers, I found out that they just extended the front forks.
They did not increase the spring pre-load.
That' the reason I designed the "air forks system"
Brian S

#30 ·
As Brian says, they do NOT preload the fork springs.
They just alter the length of the forks.
I made up the same spacers Brian designed.
They work great for getting rid of the initial sag when you sit on the bike.
they do this by making the bike sit higher on the forks.

If you want o preload the spring you need to take the lower forks apart.
Follow this link:
http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/13-...gold-valve-kit-springs-review-video-more.html

Dog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.