Honda Grom banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
It's finally starting to come together now!

This afternoon I put on the Hooligan Grom bars by Fast 50s, some retro-ish looking MX grips, and a Honda bar pad I found online in Europe.

The bars make a HUGE difference! They are a bit wider, but more importantly have much less sweep. Just took it around the block for a test rip, and boy does it feel much more "aggressive"... definitely much more comfortable for stand-up riding.

As others have mentioned, the OEM handlebar controls have a keyed tab on them that goes into a hole on the OEM bars. I put them on, adjusted angle to preference, and tightened them down tight - which made a mark on the black bars to use as a guide. Took them back off, and simply drilled a hole in the new bars for the tab. They are dead locked tight now.

Grips are on with Renthal grip glue and safety wire.

3.jpeg
2.jpeg
1.jpeg
4.jpeg

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's finally starting to come together now!

This afternoon I put on the Hooligan Grom bars by Fast 50s, some retro-ish looking MX grips, and a Honda bar pad I found online in Europe.

The bars make a HUGE difference! They are a bit wider, but more importantly have much less sweep. Just took it around the block for a test rip, and boy does it feel much more "aggressive"... definitely much more comfortable for stand-up riding.

As others have mentioned, the OEM handlebar controls have a keyed tab on them that goes into a hole on the OEM bars. I put them on, adjusted angle to preference, and tightened them down tight - which made a mark on the black bars to use as a guide. Took them back off, and simply drilled a hole in the new bars for the tab. They are dead locked tight now.

Grips are on with Renthal grip glue and safety wire.

View attachment 81586
View attachment 81588
View attachment 81590
View attachment 81592
Photos are upside down in the post. Funny as you noted Rubber Side Down.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts